X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philip
    Knight
    • Jul 2009

[O] keymap not working properly

I learned to play angband on a laptop and since then, I play with the roguelike keyset. O 110u has a bug, that means it treats hjkl as direction keys even in lists, when selecting scrolls to read, but only if the list is not displayed. So, I have to first bring up the list, and only then can I select what to read, use etc. Sometimes I forget, though, and it can often select the first item in the list, which can easily kill a character. To avoid that I decided to turn on the option to always display lists.

Being a mage, I have a maa*t\e\e\e keymap to fire a magic missile at the closest monster. Somehow, automatic display of lists interferes with the keymap and tells me to select a book to cast from, implying that it fails at the book choice level. Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong here?
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

I can reproduce this - and noticed it gives the message "Illegel object choice (inven)". There is some fancy footwork in some of this code where everything gets shifted by one - that may be the problem.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Philip
      Knight
      • Jul 2009

Are there any workarounds?

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

The best I can come up with at the moment is don't use a keymap...
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Philip
          Knight
          • Jul 2009

Ah, okay. Thanks, in any case.

Comment

• clouded
            Swordsman
            • Jun 2012

It is pretty messed up. On my Dwarf priest, I had some casting keymaps working, though I think I needed to use a mixture of keymaps and macros on different keys. I forget what I did exactly. I use auto-list, by the way.

Starting a new character to test:

These are keymaps:
            "maa" does select magic missile
            "maa*t" finishes at a "Select which magic book" command, with the books hidden
            "maa." finishes at the same command, with books shown
            "m1a" fails at a select book prompt

Macros:
            "maa*t" does work, however this means you cannot use the keys in prompts etc. I use numrow for my stuff, which makes it a problem for specifying amounts of things to drop etc.
            "m1a*t" seems to work sometimes and not others??? I don't get this.

...So I guess either you can use a keymap to select the spell and hit "." afterwards to target the nearest thing, or use a macro to do it all, but render that key useless for other things (not a problem if you use fkeys or something, maybe).

While I'm here, visual modifications don't get loaded when you load a game. Just going into the options and reloading your config fixes this, so it's not that big of a deal.
            Last edited by clouded; April 3, 2013, 05:40.

Comment

• LostTemplar
              Knight
              • Aug 2009

I used macros alot when playing old versions of FA and anything was fine, however I allways add alot of spaces before and after the macros, e.g. " maa. " and used F1 F2, etc. keys for them.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎