Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arjen
    Adept
    • Dec 2010

Noticed something with weapons with +EA. They don't show the right amount of bpr you can get with better stats. I've now Sting with 4 bpr and with better stats I can get 3 bpr. Shouldn't the calculator take extra EA in account?

Comment

• chris
      PosChengband Maintainer
      • Jan 2008

Version 1.0.25 is available in the usual place:

* Fixed monk retaliation bug. Players with innate attacks (from mutations or racial bonuses) would get extra blows whenever a retaliation was triggered.

* Fixed bug inspecting town items that the player is not yet aware of (i.e., that the player has not yet found in the dungeon).

* Fixed display bug in weapon info screen. When listing stats needed for the next attack, the display was not counting any extra blows from the weapon itself. So, if you had 5 current blows you would be told that you could increase your attacks to 4 with better stats

* And the big change: Added Fame and Artifact Reforging from Posband. This is liable to affect game balance in a big way. Also, if you upgrade an existing character you will still start out with no fame, meaning that the reforge option might be blocked for some time. The player may increase their fame by killing uniques, completing quests, completing dungeons and returning wanted corpses. Of course, failing quests is very bad for your reputation. Ask about at the Inn if the Inn Keeper has heard of you and you will get some idea as to how you are progressing. Once you have enough fame (and enough gold), you may reforge an existing artifact at the Warrior's Guild in Morivant.

Comment

• Arjen
        Adept
        • Dec 2010

Fame sounds very nice, ill update after my current dude dies (or wins... )

Comment

• AnonymousHero
          Veteran
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Arjen
          Noticed something with weapons with +EA. They don't show the right amount of bpr you can get with better stats. I've now Sting with 4 bpr and with better stats I can get 3 bpr. Shouldn't the calculator take extra EA in account?
          Yeah, I reported this (quite a few pages back) -- I'm not sure if it's easy to fix.

Comment

• Arjen
            Adept
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by AnonymousHero
            Yeah, I reported this (quite a few pages back) -- I'm not sure if it's easy to fix.
            Chris must have missed it and he did fix it in the newest release.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
              Veteran
              • Jun 2007

Chris must have missed it and he did fix it in the newest release.
              Ha, I should lrn2read before posting .

EDIT: I evren skimmed the 1.0..25 changes, but completely missed it

Comment

• chris
                PosChengband Maintainer
                • Jan 2008

A new release (1.0.26) is available here. I will stop posting source code to the google site since you can always get the source for a particular release here.

For this version, I added a new monster race: Elementals. They have humanoid bodies and powers and abilities that I tried to make as flavorful as possible. For example, Earth Elementals are slow, have high AC, are strong, are good fighters, have poor dex, can attack with shard based powers (think hurling clods of earth), gain powers like stoneskin, earthquake, stone to mud and sense surroundings. Air Elementals are lightning based, incredibly fast, etc. Its all new, so feedback and ideas for flavorful racial powers are always welcome.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chris
                  A new release (1.0.26) is available here. I will stop posting source code to the google site since you can always get the source for a particular release here.

For this version, I added a new monster race: Elementals. They have humanoid bodies and powers and abilities that I tried to make as flavorful as possible. For example, Earth Elementals are slow, have high AC, are strong, are good fighters, have poor dex, can attack with shard based powers (think hurling clods of earth), gain powers like stoneskin, earthquake, stone to mud and sense surroundings. Air Elementals are lightning based, incredibly fast, etc. Its all new, so feedback and ideas for flavorful racial powers are always welcome.
                  Hey chris, how do players install poschengband from github? I am absolutely clueless about how to do this...

I hope you don't stop posting Windows .exe executables.
                  My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• chris
                    PosChengband Maintainer
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
                    Hey chris, how do players install poschengband from github? I am absolutely clueless about how to do this...

I hope you don't stop posting Windows .exe executables.
                    I'll keep posting Windows executables here for the foreseeable future. The github site is for people running on Linux or those interested in compiling directly from source. Unfortunately, compiling is rather non-trivial ... The readme file here gives my best instructions as to how to do this if you are interested. But if you just want to play on Windows, then by all means you should simply download the executable files that I provide.

HTH,
                    chris

Comment

• Arjen
                      Adept
                      • Dec 2010

After my mindcrafter wins (he is getting somewhere), Ill go give the Air type a go. Love it you made them, they were the best monster races in Posband.

Comment

• chris
                        PosChengband Maintainer
                        • Jan 2008

After my mindcrafter wins (he is getting somewhere), Ill go give the Air type a go. Love it you made them, they were the best monster races in Posband.
                        Well, I didn't even look at how Posband did them, so perhaps mine aren't so fun? What did you like best about the Posband elementals?

Comment

• Arjen
                          Adept
                          • Dec 2010

The fact that every one had a serious penalty and being elementals in general. Just imagine yourself moving through the dungeon as a huge fiery humanoid.

Fire: Burns scrolls (maybe even staves) in the inventory in a few turns.
                          Air: Destroys rings/amulets in the inventory in a few turns.(except the ones with immunity to the elements flag).

I don't know about water elementals, maybe ruin/freeze potions and earth weren't made.

But water could short-circuit rods and earth... something else

Without certain items you are forced play in a different way. That's what makes them fun, you need to change your way of playing. So having every single one a destroy-something-in-you-inventory-flag will give them a nice distinctive way to play them.

Also the elemental rings (dropped by their own boss) were pretty nice to have.

Just checked my dump of my best elemental, it was in 2006. Explained why I needed to think this hard to remember Can't remember much more except what's noted above. Except they were rated as 'Difficult' by the variant maintainer.

Comment

• chris
                            PosChengband Maintainer
                            • Jan 2008

The fact that every one had a serious penalty and being elementals in general. Just imagine yourself moving through the dungeon as a huge fiery humanoid.

Fire: Burns scrolls (maybe even staves) in the inventory in a few turns.
                            Air: Destroys rings/amulets in the inventory in a few turns.(except the ones with immunity to the elements flag).

I don't know about water elementals, maybe ruin/freeze potions and earth weren't made.

But water could short-circuit rods and earth... something else

Without certain items you are forced play in a different way. That's what makes them fun, you need to change your way of playing. So having every single one a destroy-something-in-you-inventory-flag will give them a nice distinctive way to play them.

Also the elemental rings (dropped by their own boss) were pretty nice to have.

Just checked my dump of my best elemental, it was in 2006. Explained why I needed to think this hard to remember Can't remember much more except what's noted above. Except they were rated as 'Difficult' by the variant maintainer.
                            OK, I'll try to come up with something similar, but I would ask that all other player's blame Arjen when their stuff gets destroyed

I might also redo some of the elemental rewards so please wait for the next release before slaying your boss. I should have something later today ...

As for Water, I see that Posband gave them a cold feel but I gave them more of an acidic feel. I was thinking I might add Ice Elementals at a later date ... And I still don't know what to do with Earth. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Arjen
                              Adept
                              • Dec 2010

OK, I'll try to come up with something similar, but I would ask that all other player's blame Arjen when their stuff gets destroyed

I might also redo some of the elemental rewards so please wait for the next release before slaying your boss. I should have something later today ...

As for Water, I see that Posband gave them a cold feel but I gave them more of an acidic feel. I was thinking I might add Ice Elementals at a later date ... And I still don't know what to do with Earth. Any thoughts?
                              I'm not the maintainer, blame him for lissening!

So whats left to be destroyed?
                              Thought of something really bad.

Water elementals with acidic touch ruins weapons and armor. Stuff with res acid left alone ofcourse.

And potions just disappear in the mud of Earth elementals.

So fire destroyed scrolls, Air jewelry (equiped and inv), Water destroys metal (equiped and inv) and Earth potions.

No idea whats left for Ice But it's more of a subclass of water than a sole elemental. You could still give Earth the ability to drink potions but let Ice freeze them before they have an effect (übernasty as Statspots are useless).

*edit* typo

Comment

• chris
                                PosChengband Maintainer
                                • Jan 2008

I'm not the maintainer, blame him for lissening!

So whats left to be destroyed?
                                Thought of something really bad.

Water elementals with acidic touch ruins weapons and armor. Stuff with res acid left alone ofcourse.

And potions just disappear in the mud of Earth elementals.

So fire destroyed scrolls, Air jewelry (equiped and inv), Water destroys metal (equiped and inv) and Earth potions.

No idea whats left for Ice But it's more of a subclass of water than a sole elemental. You could still give Earth the ability to drink potions but let Ice freeze them before they have an effect (übernasty as Statspots are useless).

*edit* typo
                                OK ... *You* asked for it

1.0.27 has been uploaded here. It includes the addition of Elemental inventory/equipment destruction effects and is quite nasty. Also, I tweaked up the Air boss reward since they won't be able to ever wear rings of speed!

Enjoy!

EDIT: BTW, I only made water corrode armors. Weapons I left alone for now ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎