Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

Hengband's the one that has random energy gains, right? And PosChengband presumably inherited that trait. So at any time you might be double-moved by a monster, or might get a double move against one. Basically it's not safe to assume that you'll have a turn between each monster's turn, even if you're both at normal speed.

Comment

• Patashu
      Knight
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Derakon
      Hengband's the one that has random energy gains, right? And PosChengband presumably inherited that trait. So at any time you might be double-moved by a monster, or might get a double move against one. Basically it's not safe to assume that you'll have a turn between each monster's turn, even if you're both at normal speed.
      That's even eviller than Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, which only randomizes the energy for monster movement, not monster attacking/anything else.
      My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu

Comment

• Arjen
        Adept
        • Dec 2010

Next bugs found (I bet Ill find more)

As Beholder I went to the sewer at clvl 11 and got drained back by the devilfish to clvl 1. I lost my equipment slot while still being a spectator, after restoring those slots didn't come back. I wasn't wearing rings in them.

Comment

• Arjen
          Adept
          • Dec 2010

I got an idea for the 'gamble shop'. I kind of miss jewelery gambling. As beholder you can't actually buy a lot except potions and scrolls. My cash is piling up and I can't spend it.

Comment

• chris
            PosChengband Maintainer
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
            Next bugs found (I bet Ill find more)

As Beholder I went to the sewer at clvl 11 and got drained back by the devilfish to clvl 1. I lost my equipment slot while still being a spectator, after restoring those slots didn't come back. I wasn't wearing rings in them.
            I fixed this for the next release but I think a workaround is to restore your life, save and exit the game, and then restart. Can you recall if your slots came back eventually? Surely you didn't play with no rings until L25!

Xorns are similarly susceptible. (FYI, the bug is using player level to determine the equipment template rather than the current monster form).

Comment

• Arjen
              Adept
              • Dec 2010

I tried the reloading and it worked.

Comment

• Arjen
                Adept
                • Dec 2010

In the recharge shop of Zul both recharge options says "recharge item", but the second one should be "recharge all items". The other towns have the right description.

*edit*

Being an Air Hound sort of sucks... A lot of monsters resist poison which renders your second melee attack rather useless. I don't like pure elemental damage as melee attacks. You should made them being branded by said element so you will always at least do base damage.

Next character I hope I get another form who can actually kill kobolds/trolls/orcs/undead/ect.
                Last edited by Arjen; January 16, 2013, 13:14.

Comment

• MrBims
                  Rookie
                  • Jan 2013

Every time I try to play a Snotling [anything], I end up dying to some 50' creature like a Newt getting chain attacks on me as I 'tremble' in fear. While humorous in the schadenfreude of it, I have to ask, is there anything I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing, or are Snotlings just a really difficult or joke race? I like the idea of having garbage stats but fast level gain.

Comment

• Arjen
                    Adept
                    • Dec 2010

Snotlings are just hard to play. I can't play with them.

As to poschangband: I was walking around in town, visiting the Alchemy Shop where 3 ?oArtifact Creation caught my eye (haha, little pun as Im playing Beholder). But in the 5 3 of those scrolls! And only 280k a piece. Too bad I had like... 20k as I was level 18. Just letting you know, 3 is a crowd.

Comment

• Arjen
                      Adept
                      • Dec 2010

Found a major bug at the Arena, I went in to fight the mithril golem. A townsman entered with me because he was next to me when I entered. Inside I killed him to have him out of the way. "Victorious! You're on your way to becoming Champion." The golem is still alive... I checked if I could leave, it worked. (Didn't want it to do it this way, but I wanted to be sure I could leave the Arena for a complete bugreport).

Would be bad if you 'killed' all the monsters this way.

Comment

• chris
                        PosChengband Maintainer
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MrBims
                        Every time I try to play a Snotling [anything], I end up dying to some 50' creature like a Newt getting chain attacks on me as I 'tremble' in fear. While humorous in the schadenfreude of it, I have to ask, is there anything I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing, or are Snotlings just a really difficult or joke race? I like the idea of having garbage stats but fast level gain.
                        Try playing a Snotling Armageddon High Mage and don't let anything touch you!

Comment

• chris
                          PosChengband Maintainer
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
                          Found a major bug at the Arena, I went in to fight the mithril golem. A townsman entered with me because he was next to me when I entered. Inside I killed him to have him out of the way. "Victorious! You're on your way to becoming Champion." The golem is still alive... I checked if I could leave, it worked. (Didn't want it to do it this way, but I wanted to be sure I could leave the Arena for a complete bugreport).

Would be bad if you 'killed' all the monsters this way.
                          Good catch. I fixed this for next release.

I was walking around in town, visiting the Alchemy Shop where 3 ?oArtifact Creation caught my eye (haha, little pun as Im playing Beholder). But in the 5 3 of those scrolls! And only 280k a piece. Too bad I had like... 20k as I was level 18. Just letting you know, 3 is a crowd.
                          Yes, the Alchemy shop will stock them but as of 1.0.1, they should no longer stack. The thing is, shop stocking now uses the same object allocation code as generating objects in the dungeon, so you need to get really (*really*) lucky to find one! Its the same odds as finding one in the dungeon on DL20.

Being an Air Hound sort of sucks... A lot of monsters resist poison which renders your second melee attack rather useless. I don't like pure elemental damage as melee attacks. You should made them being branded by said element so you will always at least do base damage.
                          For next release I think I will just remove the branding altogether. I don't want them to have extra damage since you will lose this next time you evolve and be disappointed!

Thanks for all the playtesting/feedback!!

Comment

• MrBims
                            Rookie
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by chris
                            Try playing a Snotling Armageddon High Mage and don't let anything touch you!
                            Actually already thought of that, died at Level 15 to some unique humanoid 500' down. Was greedy of me, he might have been able to get further if I had farmed shallower levels more. Its probably the one of the only ways to play a Snotling and not die to fear immediately.

Comment

• Arjen
                              Adept
                              • Dec 2010

Hmm, I can't post a screenshot. It gives an error:

Unsupported variant!!!
                              Please fill in your email!
                              I don't get the second one either, as I'm logged in.

Comment

• Arjen
                                Adept
                                • Dec 2010

Just killed Ares, he didn't drop his hat...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎