X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camlost
    Sangband 1.x Maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
    I think I *do* remember seeing that once, wonder if resist disenchantment nullifies the effects on the gear? Camlost could probably give more info here, or probably Magnate.
    I don't recall if rDis is helpful for this. I'm pretty sure you would have gotten messages that this was going on. I high tail it to town if this is going on.

My Lord, Leon was an evil genius. I had no idea blankets could be cursed - I've only ever found good ones.
    I hardly find any these days, and I do take care to id them. Priests can also cast OoD to destroy them as well, as they're cursed.

What NotMorgoth says; I dont recall the exact name, but it was some blanket or such. It did exactly that - disenchanting everything by merely being in my inventory, unidentified. And it wasnt just removing a bit of ac either; pvals and (+x,+y) enchantments were all pretty much zero by the time I noticed it.
    I don't think pvals are affected, but plusses to hit, dam, and AC should all be fair game.
    a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
    3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}

Comment

• camlost
      Sangband 1.x Maintainer
      • Apr 2007

So my advice is, pick a race that is good at one of the martial arts (racial score under ten, preferably 8 or 7), and put your first ~20xp into it. Then you can start to pick up the basics like saving throw, perception, and whatever else you're going to develop (spells, devices, weapon skill, archery, burglary). Leave the forging/infusion skills until much later (this will hurt if you suffer from optimisation-OCD because the skill cost goes up, but it's negligible in the long run).
      This is sound advice, but I don't usually have problems running melee weapons, either.

Archery and magic devices at the start are pretty painful to run, IMO. Devices are limited in charges and archery is horribly inaccurate. I wonder if I should make inaccuracy more fixed throughout the game and increase damage to compensate.

Pure magic is certainly possible, and there have been some changes to make it more plausible. If you do want to do this, take the oath at your first opportunity (school skill = 20).
      a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
      3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡