X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ElementEvil
    Rookie
    • Jan 2008

AngbandTK

Im looking for a version of AngbandTK, with sound bytes from Homer Simpson. Lose intelligence score "Me lose brain? Uh Oh!" Or pick up cursed item "Do'H!"

Ive tried to find the latest version with sound, but not only does the sound not work. But when opening all the sound files, none of them have homer's voice.

Im not after the game purely because of the sound though. My version had great Iso view, with options for all the old graphics. It had lots of items, Basic classic races. no troll or zombie choices.

The one thing that pissed me off is stores and house did not have two shelves, (couldn't press space and get an extra wall)

When you dropped stuff in your house, it appeared on the shelf with a picture. Go into the magic shop and see tons of scrolls, so you could identify a scroll on sight. Best part was below the graphics, a small box that kept a list of everyones actions, and events.

This version is amazingly hard to find. I do remember the installation folder and a shield on it, and you had to choose the files to download from clockwork.dementia.org (i cant even connect to them anymore)

Though i have heard of zangband having homers voice, This was angband, you did have to kill morgoth and I dont know anything about amber or something.

Angband Omniband I think was its name, probably a little bit of every game. But I haven't had any luck with Omniband search.

Please tell me if you can find this version!
  • The GP Fury
    Apprentice
    • May 2007

You can get Omniband here...but I don't think it has those features...

Photography ~ Tech Blog

Comment

• ElementEvil
      Rookie
      • Jan 2008

Sadly AngbandTK 2.9.2r2 is the version I am looking for. Probably the last thing Tim Baker made before he disappeared from the Net. clockwork.dementia.org has also been down for sometime.

Lucky for me, the site you recommended for omniband happened to mention angbandtk, and provided most of the files for installation.

Thx for the website

Comment

• The GP Fury
        Apprentice
        • May 2007

Glad the site worked for you...

its a site that I maintain, though I need to work harder at keeping it up to date :P
        Photography ~ Tech Blog

Comment

• ElementEvil
          Rookie
          • Jan 2008

If I can get all those files into one tight install.exe file... I promise to host this as long as humanly possible. Doesn't come with the ASCII as you all remember it, rather it comes with Iso, Adam and Bolt, along with a sort of drawn ASCII version.

Can't thank you enough for keeping this version on the web. Angband is probably my first computer game, and last in all my books.

Comment

• agentofsaruman
            Rookie
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ElementEvil
            If I can get all those files into one tight install.exe file... I promise to host this as long as humanly possible. Doesn't come with the ASCII as you all remember it, rather it comes with Iso, Adam and Bolt, along with a sort of drawn ASCII version.

Can't thank you enough for keeping this version on the web. Angband is probably my first computer game, and last in all my books.
            Random reply 5.5 years later: Any luck ever getting this into one file?

Comment

• ozymandias79
              Rookie
              • Nov 2014

I found a copy of AngbandTK

This is a version of Angband its been zipped
              I managed to get it working on my windows system I'm not sure if they will work on another OS.

Its got an interesting vault editor (sadly quite buggy) and 4 variants included ,ZangbandTK, OangbandTK, KangbandTK and AngbandTK.

Let me know if anyone else gets this working.

Comment

• Nick
                Vanilla maintainer
                • Apr 2007

There was a thread started a few years back by Tim Baker (tnb), the original Omniband author. It contains some dead links to the windows executable version, but the later links to the source are live.
                One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Zireael
                  Adept
                  • Jul 2011

Can't find the sources in the linked thread, but grabbed ozymandias's link, and enjoyed looking at the isometric Gervais tileset (even though it's slightly buggy)

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎