X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dionysian
    Apprentice
    • Apr 2007

bigscreen support

if anybody can point me in the right direction on how to add big screen support to a variant, it would be most appreciated.
    Oh, Mr. Speaker, I had underestimated the tenderness of the feelings of the members opposite.
    --Barney Frank
  • Malak Darkhunter
    Knight
    • May 2007

The best thing I've seen yet is the windows console patch, that came out in andrew sidwells angband version 3.0.8. It is full screen. I don't know how he made it work, it sort of looks like it converts a windows font into an ibm full screen font. I'm not sure I was kinda of wanting to test it a little and see if I can add it to other variants. Sometimes you can take font files from seperate variants and they work in the one you want it to work in.

Comment

• dionysian
      Apprentice
      • Apr 2007

i'm not sure what that is but it doesn't sound like the bigscreen support that most modern variants have.
      Oh, Mr. Speaker, I had underestimated the tenderness of the feelings of the members opposite.
      --Barney Frank

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
        Knight
        • May 2007

It's a seperate download on the angband page, it's a patch. Instead of using the windows fonts that came with the game, it overwrites the files and puts the game in a traditional full-screen enviroment. It's made for just plain Ascii text characters without any graphics. Leon Marricks Sangband windows build is about the most advanced i've seen yet, everything else has the 12x24 and so on, but I think some, new version of V and npp along with sang, have fonts desighned to fit windows vista, 18x25xrb. I think unangband has this as well, his variant has a different 64x64 isometric view.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by dionysian
          if anybody can point me in the right direction on how to add big screen support to a variant, it would be most appreciated.
          I don't know if there's a patch as such. If that is the case, probably the best place to get it from is vanilla. A good starting point is that SCREEN_HGT and SCREEN_WID, defined in defines.h, will be constant in a variant without bigscreen support, but will need to depend on Term->hgt and Term->wid.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎