X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arralen
    Swordsman
    • May 2007

[FA,Un] I want me walls back !!

.. no, it's not that all walls have vanished, but I recently tried latest UN and switched FA 0.3.0 in for 0.2.3 - and walls got switched, too:
    In FA, I get "#" for walls instead of "█" now, but in UN I get the later for normal walls, while the special walls still use "#", "%" etc. .

Highly annoying ... I really liked the FA wilderness maps with real blocks of rock while in UN the graphics simply don't fit ...
    Is there any way to switch this (back) ?!
    No, I don't have a clue 'bout C, and I'm not starting my own variant.
    Never. Ever.
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Arralen
    .. no, it's not that all walls have vanished, but I recently tried latest UN and switched FA 0.3.0 in for 0.2.3 - and walls got switched, too:
    In FA, I get "#" for walls instead of "█" now, but in UN I get the later for normal walls, while the special walls still use "#", "%" etc. .
    In FA, you need to rename font-win.prfx to font-win.prf in lib/pref. I changed this so that vista users didn't get blank walls by default - but I probably should have publicised it more for other windows users. In Un (and in FA too, actually) if you hit '~' for knowledge and then go into feature knowledge and hit 'v' for visuals you can set the features to the appropriate thing.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• andrewdoull
      Unangband maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
      In FA, you need to rename font-win.prfx to font-win.prf in lib/pref. I changed this so that vista users didn't get blank walls by default - but I probably should have publicised it more for other windows users. In Un (and in FA too, actually) if you hit '~' for knowledge and then go into feature knowledge and hit 'v' for visuals you can set the features to the appropriate thing.
      I'll be restoring 'normal' walls as a part of adopting the extended fonts that Leon et al. designed.

Andrew
      The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
      In UnAngband, the level dives you.
      ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
      Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com

Comment

• nobody
        Apprentice
        • Jul 2007

i have to agree that #s make ugly walls to me, can't stand it

Comment

• Arralen
          Swordsman
          • May 2007

Thanks for the quick replay, both of you

[UN]
          Yet - is there a way to save that setting in UN ? I tried setting granite wall to "#", but saving preference does not seem to save this and I have to do it again every time I start the game .. and there are at least 3 different tiles I have to re-set, so it gets a little bit tedious

[FA]
          Had a quick try, works like a charm. Thanks !
          No, I don't have a clue 'bout C, and I'm not starting my own variant.
          Never. Ever.

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Arralen
            [UN]
            Yet - is there a way to save that setting in UN ? I tried setting granite wall to "#", but saving preference does not seem to save this and I have to do it again every time I start the game .. and there are at least 3 different tiles I have to re-set, so it gets a little bit tedious
            You could try saving it to a pref file and then reloading that; if that's what you have already tried, you could actually go in and edit the font-win.prf file directly:

Code:
            # Magma (slate / solid block)

F:50:2/127:1:A
            ...here the 50 is the index of the terrain (you can get this from terrain.txt in lib/edit), 2 is the colour (you can check what you want from feature knowledge) and 127 is the block character.
            One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
            In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎