• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzzkill
    Prophet
    • May 2008

Originally posted by will_asher
    Did you ever activate this artifact?
    I don't believe so. I've been saving such a rare activation for a special case, imagining a situation where this singular phase door would be pivotal to my game . I also unintentionally shelved this character for a while. Work has been a bitch. Now I'm kind of afraid to pick him up again, thinking that I may do something stupid.
    www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
    My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• buzzkill
      Prophet
      • May 2008

Still playing 121c...
      When using a rod of identify I'm presented with "A Puce Potion of *Healing*" (obviously already identified) as an item that can be identified.
      and a lesser titan just summoned... poison vines???
      Last edited by buzzkill; October 28, 2010, 02:11.
      www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.

Comment

• will_asher
        DaJAngband Maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by buzzkill
        Still playing 121c...
        When using a rod of identify I'm presented with "A Puce Potion of *Healing*" (obviously already identified) as an item that can be identified.
        and a lesser titan just summoned... poison vines???
        Neither of these are bugs.

lesser titans have S_MONSTER which can summon pretty much any non-unique except those significantly higher level than the summoning monster. so yes, poison vines.

You'll probably find out about the potion at some point...
        Will_Asher
        aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
        http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• buzzkill
          Prophet
          • May 2008

Neither of these are bugs.

lesser titans have S_MONSTER which can summon pretty much any non-unique except those significantly higher level than the summoning monster. so yes, poison vines.

Oh great, I'm going to get raped by a potion at some point . I wasn't doubting the titans ability to summon, it just seemed odd the he summoned vines. The summon also appeared between the titan and I, blocking the corridor. Since vines don't move much, it was the last I saw of the titans... except for the ones I TO'd earlier.

Comment

• buzzkill
            Prophet
            • May 2008

I found that it only sporadically presented itself as a choice to be ID'd. In the end I simply Iinspected it, and it thus revealed its true nature via it's description, all the while stubbornly stating that it has yet to be ID'd. WAD? I had encountered these before with rChaos at the time, if that matters. Oddly, even with my knowledge of it, I nearly quaffed it before finally destroying it.

Comment

• buzzkill
              Prophet
              • May 2008

"The Bone Devil wakes up the tree."

It seems harmless enough, but odd.

Comment

• will_asher
                DaJAngband Maintainer
                • Apr 2007

"The Bone Devil wakes up the tree."

It seems harmless enough, but odd.
                Yeah that's not supposed to happen. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

I'll also have to fix that certain type of potion to work in a way that makes more sense.
                Will_Asher
                aka LibraryAdventurer

http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• buzzkill
                  Prophet
                  • May 2008

Bone weapons don't seem to be anywhere in the knowledge menu, though I could have sworn that I've seen them there before.

Comment

• buzzkill
                    Prophet
                    • May 2008

Here's a biggie. Grond doesn't seem to be aggravating anymore. It did when I first wielded it, or maybe it didn't. DL 100 may have been already all woke up.

EDIT: I was wearing a different aggravating item on DL100. Grond is definitely not aggravating on DL101.

Also, what's the "this item conflicts with another item you may be wearing" penalty. I couldn't put my finger on it, and it seems to me that a conflict between powerful good/evil items should be significant.

EDIT: Upon the explosion of a hand grenade, "The docile silver dust bunny shatters." Intentional?

EDIT: I tried to squelch a (un-ID'd) shovel that I was standing on. Nothing happened to the shovel which is normal when you try to squelch the unsquelchable, but my character disappeared. I eventually realized that I remained unseen, in the same grid as the shovel, and could not leave it, though I could attack things adjacent to me and could bump into walls. If I tried to move into an unoccupied space, nothing would happen. Monsters could also occupy the space that I invisibly occupied. Nothing could hit me. Phase door didn't work either, but eventually I TL'd and that restored my character on a new level.
                    Last edited by buzzkill; December 16, 2010, 03:16.

Comment

• will_asher
                      DaJAngband Maintainer
                      • Apr 2007

Here's a biggie. Grond doesn't seem to be aggravating anymore. It did when I first wielded it, or maybe it didn't. DL 100 may have been already all woke up.
                      EDIT: I was wearing a different aggravating item on DL100. Grond is definitely not aggravating on DL101.
                      Do you have very high stealth? In DAJ, aggravating items give a severe penalty to stealth (which stacks with multiple aggravating items), and it only actually aggravates if your stealth goes below 0. (You have to have at least about 12 stealth to keep from aggravating while wielding one aggravating item)

Also, what's the "this item conflicts with another item you may be wearing" penalty. I couldn't put my finger on it, and it seems to me that a conflict between powerful good/evil items should be significant.
                      It raises your spell failure rate slightly and occationally randomly causes confusion for a few turns which is reduced but not completely prevented with Rconf. (both of these become more severe if you are an aligned class: prayer-realm casters are good and black-realm casters are evil, IIRC all others are considered neutral).

EDIT: Upon the explosion of a hand grenade, "The docile silver dust bunny shatters." Intentional?
                      no but it's funny

EDIT: I tried to squelch a (un-ID'd) shovel that I was standing on. Nothing happened to the shovel which is normal when you try to squelch the unsquelchable, but my character disappeared. I eventually realized that I remained unseen, in the same grid as the shovel, and could not leave it, though I could attack things adjacent to me and could bump into walls. If I tried to move into an unoccupied space, nothing would happen. Monsters could also occupy the space that I invisibly occupied. Nothing could hit me. Phase door didn't work either, but eventually I TL'd and that restored my character on a new level.
                      That's bad. There was an old bug that was fixed a while back that caused something similar. I'll do some testing and see if I can find out why it's doing that.
                      Will_Asher
                      aka LibraryAdventurer

Comment

• PowerDiver
                        Prophet
                        • Mar 2008

I tried to squelch a (un-ID'd) shovel that I was standing on. Nothing happened to the shovel which is normal when you try to squelch the unsquelchable, but my character disappeared.
                        Ooh! You squelched yourself!

Comment

• buzzkill
                          Prophet
                          • May 2008

Do you have very high stealth? In DAJ, aggravating items give a severe penalty to stealth (which stacks with multiple aggravating items), and it only actually aggravates if your stealth goes below 0. (You have to have at least about 12 stealth to keep from aggravating while wielding one aggravating item)
                          That must be it because it (the aggravation) seems to be working again and <checking> my current stealth is 12 exactly. Any how, it's the huge earthquakes that cause me real aggravation.

Comment

• buzzkill
                            Prophet
                            • May 2008

CRASH! DaJ crashed upon taking a down staircase from DL 125 to 126. Just mentioning it because although I've witness weird behavior (invisible non-existent doors) on occasion, I don't recall DaJ ever crashing before. I saved a few hundred turns before taking the stairs so I'll see if I can reproduce it.

EDIT: and I can. Now saved just before taking the stairs, so just press > and it should crash. I've no idea why. It's been a fairly ordinary, glitch free experience on DL125. Save file attached.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by buzzkill; December 23, 2010, 01:57.

Comment

• buzzkill
                              Prophet
                              • May 2008

CRASH! DaJ crashed upon taking a down staircase from DL 125 to 126. Just mentioning it because although I've witness weird behavior (invisible non-existent doors) on occasion, I don't recall DaJ ever crashing before. I saved a few hundred turns before taking the stairs so I'll see if I can reproduce it.

EDIT: and I can. Now saved just before taking the stairs, so just press > and it should crash. I've no idea why. It's been a fairly ordinary, glitch free experience on DL125. Save file attached.
                              Now that I think about it, I think I may have read a treasure map on 125. Seems to me that could be the problem. In any case my game is pretty much on hold until I get a fix.

Comment

• buzzkill
                                Prophet
                                • May 2008

CRASH! DaJ crashed upon taking a down staircase from DL 125 to 126.
                                I was able to descend via trap door. Woo hoo.

EDIT: and it rears it's ugly head again with stairs from 126 to 127. CRASH!
                                Last edited by buzzkill; December 27, 2010, 13:06.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍