X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thapper
    Adept
    • Aug 2008

[Pos]Quest-reward randart bug

I know that Posband hasn't been maintained for a while but in case someone could help me anyway, or just in case someone would be interested in picking up the variant (Nick?)...

I've come across a nasty bug several times involving the (tailored) generation of rewards in the Guild after completing a quest (I'm playing Posband 0.9.9 on windows Vista). The bug can either make the game crash or give many (5-800) error messages that the file "randart.txt" is missing. In the latter case a reward is created after the error messages but beyond this point the game won't save any more (message: Saving game... failed!) and the reward looks buggy (lacking the usual description on randart rings or just a pair of normal boots with speed and searching +6 and some resists, possible to 'd'estroy). The save file is not broken so I can keep on playing if I don't enter the Guild again.

Any ideas?
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

I believe this is a known bug (and much discussed, particularly among the many people who started doing stuff to Posband).

As for the future - I think this says it all.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• thapper
      Adept
      • Aug 2008

Ok, I'll make sure I'll never try to learn any programming to do stuff to Posband then, it seems to be heavily cursed...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎