• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

[O] Autoscum on or off?

Greetings O players,

Do you play with autoscum on or off? Since the option no longer exists in S, it's giving me some angst. If it's off I can dive quicker, which makes the game more interesting - but I always seem to end up at depths where I just can't kill anything with my (+5,+5) main gauche (or whatever weapon I can get 3 blows with). I just don't find ego weapons quickly or often enough, and I make money too slowly: not enough to cover the ?phase, ?tele, ?WoR and !CCW used on each trip down.

OTOH if it's on, I can't even get that far, I die to some ood unique even earlier.

... and what is with !CCW in O? They heal about 30hp! In S they heal something like 70-80hp, which makes all the difference. Basically in O they are just potions of Cure Blindness And Confusion.

Hmm. Feeling distinctly challenged at the moment.

CC
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Off usually.

Originally posted by Magnate
    ... and what is with !CCW in O? They heal about 30hp! In S they heal something like 70-80hp, which makes all the difference. Basically in O they are just potions of Cure Blindness And Confusion.
    Indeed. I bumped them up a bit in FA, despite the damage to my EMFH credentials...
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎