X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rashid
    Rookie
    • Mar 2010

Yey!

Wow, thank you Tim! Your Tcl/TK version of the game was the main reason why I played Angband, glad to see an update. As before, the UI design is very useful and intuitive. It is the best interface for a rogue-like game I have ever come across, by far.

Concerning the discussion on updating the game engine to the latest (non-TK) version available, I did read on the roadmap page that there are plans to make the vanilla codebase more modular. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to start a conversation with the Angband development team to see what can be done about making it easier to hook Tcl/Tk (or any arbitrary UI module) onto the vanilla codebase. AngbandTK does have the most thorough Angband UI I have seen, so if the Vanilla codebase could be made more cooperative with your needs, it probably would be well suited for most any other UI designer's needs.

On a completely different note, if you find that your plans need any new tile art to be made, I might be willing to volunteer some of my time to the cause. When playing the game way back when, I did make a handful of custom tiles.
    I have a link available to a few custom 32x32 tiles made specifically for AngbandTK, however I don't think the admins for this site approve of the anatomically correct nagas which the set includes (attempts to include a link in this message yesterday did not result in an approved post.) So if you would like to see them, simply PM me.

Thanks again for your wonderful UI!

EDIT: A subset of tiles has been placed online which only contains examples which should be forum-safe. They can be found here.
    Last edited by Rashid; March 6, 2011, 21:21.
    SIG: Funny Flash cartoon series I sometimes work on: The Cosmospolitans

Comment

• duduric
      Rookie
      • Jan 2013

Hey, anyone got this ? The link is dead, and searching the internet i can only find older version.... such a waste to have this variant vanish

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by duduric
        Hey, anyone got this ? The link is dead, and searching the internet i can only find older version.... such a waste to have this variant vanish

Thanks in advance
        Here's a copy.
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• PMUK
          Rookie
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Nick
          Here's a copy.
          Forgive my newbness but there's no exe's in there ?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎