X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psi
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

[FA + others] Recharging stacked wands

I just had all seven of my Wands of Stone to Mud destroyed by one recharge scroll. This is not only really harsh but is damaging to game play, as they are integral to opening vaults and making quicker paths through the dungeon and I really don't want to have to scum for them. My char is not a diver (though not going slow - DL51 at around 440k turns), but I'd be very annoyed at this point if he was! I had similar in another game where I lost all five -oTA.

Wand stacking is a great idea and I believe it was also supposed to make recharging safer - however losing every single wand in one go is too much. Looking in the source, a failure means you lose one wand by default but there is a 20% chance of losing all of them. Perhaps this 'all' could be changed to 'some' when you have more than two say?
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Psi
    I just had all seven of my Wands of Stone to Mud destroyed by one recharge scroll. This is not only really harsh but is damaging to game play, as they are integral to opening vaults and making quicker paths through the dungeon and I really don't want to have to scum for them. My char is not a diver (though not going slow - DL51 at around 440k turns), but I'd be very annoyed at this point if he was! I had similar in another game where I lost all five -oTA.
    Ouch. I wasn't actually sure how this worked - this is definitely wrong. One more for the todo list.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Psi
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
      Ouch. I wasn't actually sure how this worked - this is definitely wrong. One more for the todo list.
      Thanks Nick!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍