X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzzkill
    Prophet
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Mangojuice
    Edit: Actually, before I do that.. is this a command other roguelikes use? ^E doesn't map to anything right now, so perhaps this really needs a fix to the help file more than anything else.
    In most instances I use / to switch between inventory/equipment, but I'm not sure that were talking about the same thing.
    www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
    My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• pndrev
      Scout
      • Sep 2008

^E is at least what Unangband uses, and if you haven't changed the keylisting, I assume other variants might also use it.

Comment

• pndrev
        Scout
        • Sep 2008

Another problem I just noticed: Whenever I try to load a savegame, Z+ crashes to desktop. I tried closing all term windows in case it was something with them, but that didn't change anything.

Is there an option for dumping a debug log that might be helpful for you to track this problem down?

[edit] V, Un, O and Steam don't have this problem.

Comment

• Mangojuice
          Z+Angband Maintainer
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by pndrev
          Another problem I just noticed: Whenever I try to load a savegame, Z+ crashes to desktop. I tried closing all term windows in case it was something with them, but that didn't change anything.

Is there an option for dumping a debug log that might be helpful for you to track this problem down?

[edit] V, Un, O and Steam don't have this problem.
          Yikes! Well, I've been playing it and have had no problems. Can you download the game again now and try again? If the game gives you any error messages while crashing, let me know what they are. I assume you're running Windows?
          -----------------------------------------
          Z+Angband: A Zangband evolution
          http://tinyurl.com/5pq2bd

Comment

• perost
            Scout
            • Aug 2008

I just stepped on a trap door, but instead of falling down to the next level (which I actually didn't mind, since I was diving :P) I got this error message:
            Code:
            You have fallen through a trap door!
            error: error in functionmove_dun_level	argument #2 is '[no object]'; 'bool'
            Script for field: trap door failed.
            After that nothing happened, the trap was still there, and so were I. I've saved a backup of the save file where I'm still standing on the trap door after the error. If you think it might help I can send it to you.

Edit: Oops, found another, more serious bug. When I get a certain quest an assertion triggers:
            Code:
            Assertion failed:in_bounds2((x), (y))
            in file src/main-grf.c
            on line 2052
            This bug is reproducable, and I saved the savefile. Just tell me if you want it.
            Last edited by perost; December 16, 2008, 22:33.

Comment

• pndrev
              Scout
              • Sep 2008

Ok, I redownloaded.

Don't ask me to make sense of it, but I can now reproduce the crash at will:

Start a character ( or load an old one).
              Open a term window (7) with 'message list'.
              Save and exit.
              Start Z+ (window settings are restored, term 7 should be open and empty).
              Load character.

-CTD-

I thought that it was indeed the term 7, because closing it (and restarting Z+, and only then!) would allow me to load the character. But after about 10 tries, it started crashing every other time I loaded the character. There seems to be some sort of problem with the message window (notes file?) - if open, 100% crash, if closed (and written to ini via quite / start Z+) it crashes every other time.

It always crashes the first time after changing window state, the next load will be fine. Every subsequent load of the same file is alternating quite consistently between crash and working.

I tried running it with full admin privileges, no change. I tried disabling auto-notes (figuring some kind of file-access problem), no change. I tried disabling savefile compression (same guess), no change.

I'm utterly stumped at this kind of behaviour as a s/w developer myself...

Running Vista-32, 'normal' admin account. Z+ is the latest beta from your website, no changes to ini file.
              CTD message is the usual Vista blurb that says exactly nothing. Could try compiling it myself, but I haven't set up VS2005 for C (using only C#), so any errors would more likely be mine than the code.

Comment

• RogerN
                Swordsman
                • Jul 2008

I know that some of the monsters you've imported from Vanilla were toned down due to differing scales. Should armor class also be on a different scale? I just noticed that Eol (AC 100) and Maeglin (AC 120), for example, have larger armor classes than Oberon (82), Morgoth (75), and even The Serpent of Chaos (87). At a quick glance, the only comparable armor classes I found were the bronze golem (170) and the Plain Gold Ring (100) - both of which happen to be made of solid metal.

Comment

• pndrev
                  Scout
                  • Sep 2008

Too fixated on the *"ยง$ message list... closing ALL term windows seems to fix it. Still, Z+ is the only variant so far that exhibits this problem for me. Maybe I'm a bit excessive, but I use all seven terms in normal play...

Comment

• Donald Jonker
                    Knight
                    • Jun 2008

On winXP:

Can't change font size.

When I try to use (any) tiles: cannot read (32x32, or whatever) bitmap! cannot initialize graphics!

Wanted to check out Buzzkill's baby .
                    Bands, / Those funny little plans / That never work quite right.
                    -Mercury Rev

Comment

• Mangojuice
                      Z+Angband Maintainer
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by perost
                      I just stepped on a trap door, but instead of falling down to the next level (which I actually didn't mind, since I was diving :P) I got this error message:
                      Code:
                      You have fallen through a trap door!
                      error: error in functionmove_dun_level	argument #2 is '[no object]'; 'bool'
                      Script for field: trap door failed.
                      After that nothing happened, the trap was still there, and so were I. I've saved a backup of the save file where I'm still standing on the trap door after the error. If you think it might help I can send it to you.
                      I think both of the bugs (the trap door one and the quest crash one) have been fixed in the latest live fix, which has just been uploaded. Try downloading the game again and see if the bugs still occur.

Comment

• Mangojuice
                        Z+Angband Maintainer
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by RogerN
                        I know that some of the monsters you've imported from Vanilla were toned down due to differing scales. Should armor class also be on a different scale? I just noticed that Eol (AC 100) and Maeglin (AC 120), for example, have larger armor classes than Oberon (82), Morgoth (75), and even The Serpent of Chaos (87). At a quick glance, the only comparable armor classes I found were the bronze golem (170) and the Plain Gold Ring (100) - both of which happen to be made of solid metal.
                        Good call. Will adjust at some point relatively soon.

Comment

• Mangojuice
                          Z+Angband Maintainer
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Donald Jonker
                          On winXP:

Can't change font size.

When I try to use (any) tiles: cannot read (32x32, or whatever) bitmap! cannot initialize graphics!

Wanted to check out Buzzkill's baby .
                          The only explanation for that is that the graphics files aren't where the game expects. Can you just double-check that:

Z+angband (the application) is in some folder with a "lib" folder, and
                          "lib" contains "xtra", and "xtra" contains "graf" and "font", and the "graf" directory has (for instance 32x32.bmp) and the "font" directory has "12x24.fon".

I'm using XP32 and have never had a problem.

Comment

• Mangojuice
                            Z+Angband Maintainer
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by pndrev
                            Too fixated on the *"ยง$ message list... closing ALL term windows seems to fix it. Still, Z+ is the only variant so far that exhibits this problem for me. Maybe I'm a bit excessive, but I use all seven terms in normal play...
                            I followed your recipe but couldn't produce the crash on my XP box. I'm going to try my vista laptop and see if it happens there.

EDIT: Yes, it happened. I have no idea what's causing this. I might try to debug but I can't touch Vista tonight again, it has a million updates to install and takes 4 minutes just to unzip the package.
                            Last edited by Mangojuice; December 17, 2008, 02:19.

Comment

• Donald Jonker
                              Knight
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Mangojuice
                              The only explanation for that is that the graphics files aren't where the game expects. Can you just double-check that:

Z+angband (the application) is in some folder with a "lib" folder, and
                              "lib" contains "xtra", and "xtra" contains "graf" and "font", and the "graf" directory has (for instance 32x32.bmp) and the "font" directory has "12x24.fon".

I'm using XP32 and have never had a problem.
                              I figured out the problem: I had my ZPlusAngband directory inside a larger ZPlusAngband0.3.2pre1 directory. When I got it out and on its own everything was fine.

The tiles look damn hell ass great, btw.
                              Bands, / Those funny little plans / That never work quite right.
                              -Mercury Rev

Comment

• sgasga
                                Rookie
                                • Sep 2008

Can't load 0.3.1 savefile

I'm trying out the new pre1 version and cannot load my 0.3.1 savefile. The error I get is:

Verbal checksum failure (-587202557, 889): Object memory[y/n]

Loading a 0.3.1 savefile...
                                Too many (800) object kinds! Ignoring extraneous info.

I can send the file if it will help. Any ideas on how to get this going?

Shane

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍