Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Try unzipping the attached file and putting it in your src directory, and see if that works. It isn't a proper fix, but it will help me narrow down the problem (and if it does work, then that may be enough for you).
    Attached Files
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Master Programmer
      Rookie
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Nick
      Try unzipping the attached file and putting it in your src directory, and see if that works. It isn't a proper fix, but it will help me narrow down the problem (and if it does work, then that may be enough for you).

I put that in a new, untouched FAngband, and this happened:

"/home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c: In function 'kbd_set_map':
      /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:220:3: error: 'SUB_BG0_CR' undeclared (first use in this function)
      /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:220:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
      /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:222:22: error: 'BG_16_COLOR' undeclared (first use in this function)
      /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c: In function 'kbd_vblank':
      /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:318:25: error: 'IPC' undeclared (first use in this function)"

(EDIT)
      the good news is, that means i didn't get the other error, so your Arm.elf file helped.

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

OK, the NDS port clearly needs updating because the DS homebrew libraries have moved on. I'm not sure when I will get to that, but here are some places to look if you want to make any changes:

Originally posted by Master Programmer
        "/home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c: In function 'kbd_set_map':
        /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:220:3: error: 'SUB_BG0_CR' undeclared (first use in this function)
        /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:220:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
        /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:222:22: error: 'BG_16_COLOR' undeclared (first use in this function)
        This link explains how to deal with these ones. I'm not sure what version of devkitARM you have, but this explains updating to r24.

/home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c: In function 'kbd_vblank':
        /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/kbd.c:318:25: error: 'IPC' undeclared (first use in this function)"
        IPC is interprocessor communication, which seems to be a tricky business. This link has some pointers, although it's quite old too.

Comment

• Master Programmer
          Rookie
          • Sep 2011

OK, the NDS port clearly needs updating because the DS homebrew libraries have moved on. I'm not sure when I will get to that, but here are some places to look if you want to make any changes:

This link explains how to deal with these ones. I'm not sure what version of devkitARM you have, but this explains updating to r24.

IPC is interprocessor communication, which seems to be a tricky business. This link has some pointers, although it's quite old too.

i'm using r34 x86_64 for ubuntu 10.04

that would be....."downdating"? OnO

(EDIT)
          Yeah, i guess that would work, but now i need to find the out-dated files.....hmmmmm.....

Comment

• Master Programmer
            Rookie
            • Sep 2011

Ugh.....would you mind giving me a link or something to the libraries and files you use?

i can't find the old versions anywhere.

sorry i'm wasting so much of your time. DX

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

OK, here is what I have readily available:
              devkitARM_r23-i686-linux.tar.bz2
              libfat-nds-20070127.tar.bz2
              libnds-20071023.tar.bz2
              pcre-7.4-ds.tar.gz
              dswifi-0.3.4.tar.bz2

You'll have to read up on how to use them - I set up my environment some time ago.

Comment

• Master Programmer
                Rookie
                • Sep 2011

OK, here is what I have readily available:
                devkitARM_r23-i686-linux.tar.bz2
                libfat-nds-20070127.tar.bz2
                libnds-20071023.tar.bz2
                pcre-7.4-ds.tar.gz
                dswifi-0.3.4.tar.bz2

You'll have to read up on how to use them - I set up my environment some time ago.

Okay, let's hope that works, because like i said before, i'm using 64-bit.....i have the package that allows me to run 32-bit programs, but i remember hearing that package is a little on the buggy side.....of coarse, i can't remember what i had for breakfast yesterday, so i am really likely to be wrong. OnO

Comment

• Master Programmer
                  Rookie
                  • Sep 2011

hello
                  linking faangband.arm9.elf
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/attack.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/birth.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cave.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd0.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd1.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd2.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd3.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd4.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd5.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd6.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/dungeon.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/files.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/generate.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/identify.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/init1.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/init2.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/jewel.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/load.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/monmove.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/monattk.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/monster1.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/monster2.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/info.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/object1.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/object2.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/prefs.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/randart.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/randname.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/save.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/score.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/spells1.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/spells2.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/squelch.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/store.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/tables.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/ui.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/util.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/variable.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/wizard1.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/wizard2.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/xtra1.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/xtra2.o: Unknown EABI object attribute 44
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: mangled line number section.
                  /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/birth.o: In function `get_stat':
                  birth.c.text+0x175c): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: mangled line number section.
                  /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd3.o: In function `do_cmd_query_symbol':
                  cmd3.c.text+0x1c5c): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
                  /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd4.o: In function `feat_order':
                  cmd4.c.text+0x594): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
                  /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd4.o: In function `do_cmd_panel_change':
                  cmd4.c.text+0x6e8): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
                  /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd4.o: In function `do_cmd_hp_warn':
                  cmd4.c.text+0x7f0): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
                  /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/cmd4.o:cmd4.c.text+0x8f4): more undefined references to `__ctype_ptr__' follow
                  /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/lib/thumb/libg.a(lib_a-rename.o): In function `rename':
                  (.text+0xc): undefined reference to `_rename_r'
                  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
                  make[3]: *** [/home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/faangband.arm9.elf] Error 1
                  make[2]: *** [faangband.arm9.elf] Error 2
                  make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
                  make: *** [all] Error 1

wow....well, i think my computer hates me.

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Clearly the elf and the Dwarf aren't getting on...

Comment

• Master Programmer
                      Rookie
                      • Sep 2011

Clearly the elf and the Dwarf aren't getting on...
                      *puts sunglasses on you*

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎