X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewdoull
    Unangband maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
    The secret door bug is an O only bug, and has been fixed (update of O will be out soon). This DS bug (as I have seen it, anyway) involves tapping in a spot and @ running way past it. So I'm thinking either the coordinates have been translated wrong, or it is being treated as running with a direction, rather than to a point as is usual with stylus.
    My mouse implementation is intended to do this, if you've copied it: if you are able to run at the final spot you click on, you will do so. This is intended to allow you to continue to navigate corridors smoothly.

Andrew
    The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
    In UnAngband, the level dives you.
    ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
    Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by andrewdoull
      My mouse implementation is intended to do this, if you've copied it: if you are able to run at the final spot you click on, you will do so. This is intended to allow you to continue to navigate corridors smoothly.
      OK, this might explain it. I'll have another look at the pathfinding code.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• chris28
        Rookie
        • Jun 2008

Thanks for this port, i use now all my free time to play FAangband on my DS

It works very well but i have a problem when tapping with stylus on a monster in looking mode to get information about it. I don't think it's a touchscreen calibration problem because it works fine in all the other case (menu, inventory ...).

And a little bug : when i've changing character name the red menu has disappeared.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Thanks for the report - I'll make sure it gets to the appropriate place.

There is a slightly newer version (2.53) at Michael's download page.

Comment

• Psi
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

OK, this might explain it. I'll have another look at the pathfinding code.
            Hadn't seen this post until now. This finally explains that one problem I've been seeing since day one, when my char will suddenly just run off across the wilderness. Will be really good to get that fixed as it has caused me numerous unwarranted deaths! It also explains why the @ rarely stops on the stairs when they are mid-corridor when I click on them.

Comment

• Psi
              Knight
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by chris28
              And a little bug : when i've changing character name the red menu has disappeared.
              That's probably the same bug I see in WinCE when changing name - all the text buttons vanish. They then come back if I change dlev or reload.

Comment

• Psi
                Knight
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Psi
                This finally explains that one problem I've been seeing since day one, when my char will suddenly just run off across the wilderness.
                Actually this first bit is possibly a separate problem caused by:
                Code:
                	   * If the player has computed a path that is going to end up in a
                	   * wall, we notice this and convert to a normal run. This allows us
                	   * to click on unknown areas to explore the map.
                I guess if you clicked on an unknown rock in the wilderness, then you might just run in the closest of the eight directions until you hit something or are disturbed?

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Psi
                  I guess if you clicked on an unknown rock in the wilderness, then you might just run in the closest of the eight directions until you hit something or are disturbed?
                  That sounds about right. Michael has done some work on the pathfinding, but I'm not sure about the outcome of that.

Comment

• chris28
                    Rookie
                    • Jun 2008

There is a slightly newer version (2.53) at Michael's download page.
                    Thanks, I will quickly test this new version.

Comment

• Master Programmer
                      Rookie
                      • Sep 2011

Help

":/FAangband116/src/attack.c:2716:1: fatal error: opening dependency file c:/FAangband116/src/c/FAangband116/src/attack.d: No such file or directory"

I keep getting so many errors, and this ds port, NEVER COMPILES AT ALL, ON ANY OPERATING SYSTEM I HAVE! DX

please, please, please, PLEASE, help me. D:

i tried it in linux, but it could never find the include files, i do it in windows xp, and that error pops up

Comment

• buzzkill
                        Prophet
                        • May 2008

Someone will read your post and respond, probably many someones, probably quite quickly. There's no need to double post/cross post/whatever.

That said, I can't help you, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can.
                        www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                        My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Master Programmer
                          ":/FAangband116/src/attack.c:2716:1: fatal error: opening dependency file c:/FAangband116/src/c/FAangband116/src/attack.d: No such file or directory"

I keep getting so many errors, and this ds port, NEVER COMPILES AT ALL, ON ANY OPERATING SYSTEM I HAVE! DX

please, please, please, PLEASE, help me. D:

i tried it in linux, but it could never find the include files, i do it in windows xp, and that error pops up
                          I have only done this in linux, I'm afraid - but it does work for me.

I had to install devkitPro and devkitARM; I think I got most of my clues on how to use them from here.

There is also a ready-compiled version and instructions on how to use it in the FAangband download page.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Master Programmer
                            Rookie
                            • Sep 2011

I have only done this in linux, I'm afraid - but it does work for me.

I had to install devkitPro and devkitARM; I think I got most of my clues on how to use them from here.

There is also a ready-compiled version and instructions on how to use it in the FAangband download page.

Hope that helps.
                            i'm sorry, but i've already been to both of those sites.

the problem i have, is none of the source-files can seem to find each-other, and i've noticed with include files statements, you used <>'s where you should have used ""s

from what i remember, <>'s make the compiler search in the compiler's Includes folder for the files, and the ""s make it search in the local directory.....could that possibly be why it's failing?

i'm only asking, because i'm EXTREMELY new to DS programming and compiling.

Comment

• Master Programmer
                              Rookie
                              • Sep 2011

"buttons.c
                              /home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/nds/buttons.c:2:22: fatal error: main-nds.h: No such file or directory
                              compilation terminated.
                              make[3]: *** [/home/paul/DS/FAangband116/src/buttons.o] Error 1
                              make[2]: *** [faangband.arm7.elf] Error 2
                              make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
                              make: *** [all] Error 1"

That's my error.

i'm using the makefile "Makefile.nds"

(EDIT)

and once again, i noticed:
                              "#include <main-nds.h>"

any particular reason you're using the <>'s?
                              Last edited by Master Programmer; September 29, 2011, 23:07.

Comment

• Master Programmer
                                Rookie
                                • Sep 2011

I have to log off for today, but i'll check this thread when i get back

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎