Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidMedley
    Veteran
    • Oct 2019

Pretty sure Disenchant adds 50% to enemy spell fail rate, so 10% becomes 60%. It's the same as Confusion and there is no stacking, but I think it can be extended in duration.
    Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Sky
      Veteran
      • Oct 2016

ok so, i am really struggling with this guy and i have to say, WOW, Nether Bolt is BAD.
      You would think that NETHER, you know, the stuff of unlife, that which animates the undead, would be pretty much devastating to anything alive.
      As, you are playing a class that at CL12 has ONE viable attack spell, cannot aim further than his nose, at least that ONE spell would be able to kill a baby dragon.

Is there really any point to playing this over a mage, if not as a challenge?
      Just seems like a mage but bad.

Also, i know i may be asking a bit much, but, is there any advantage to being in darkness? Aside from the not-being-penalized. Maybe stealth bonus? Maybe illusionists and other similar HUMAN targets cannot see as well in darkness as they can in light?
      "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Primary disadvantage of human is bad stats. Note that 4.2.x has much lower EXP penalties for different races.
        And yeah, early necro is known to be hard. But you are not required to kill monsters with spells.

Comment

• fph
          Veteran
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DavidMedley
          Pretty sure Disenchant adds 50% to enemy spell fail rate, so 10% becomes 60%. It's the same as Confusion and there is no stacking, but I think it can be extended in duration.
          I confirm. Link to the relevant lines: https://github.com/angband/angband/b...-attack.c#L308

With the (somewhat surprising) provision that "Stupid monsters will never fail (for jellies and such)".
          --
          Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• Sky
            Veteran
            • Oct 2016

Does the necro naturally have a reduction to +light ?

Because i'm thinking to go full-light and play it as almost a bookless mage, for now. Given that i do better in melee than with my spells.
            "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• bio_hazard
              Knight
              • Dec 2008

Is there code in the Necromancer class that ensures your first artifacts have +light? I've been playing a bit and whether it's standart or randart my first 2 or 3 artifacts have +light.

Also, 2100' seems to be a ceiling for me. I'm normal speed, no T0, no dungeon books, sometimes no rPois, barely any stat potions yet. I end up teleporting from something I can't handle and into a room with bad Zs.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎