Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidMedley
    Veteran
    • Oct 2019

I mine gold. I do care about turn count, so I'll only do it if I can do it fast. Or sometimes when I need the rest anyway. I'm not hunting for veins, but if I see one why not grab it? Do you non-miners ignore cash on the floor as well? And I don't understand the IRL time argument. Do you not use repeat? If not, I highly recommend looking into it
    Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Sphara
      Knight
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by DavidMedley
      I mine gold. I do care about turn count, so I'll only do it if I can do it fast. Or sometimes when I need the rest anyway. I'm not hunting for veins, but if I see one why not grab it? Do you non-miners ignore cash on the floor as well? And I don't understand the IRL time argument. Do you not use repeat? If not, I highly recommend looking into it
      Subjective argument #1: IRL time is only meaningful for me because I have a game lag playing online. There is enough delay already.

Subjective argument #2: Yes, I do pick up gold after killings, but that's it. If I have any way of detecting treasure, I never pursue gold, just red *'s. What else can I say? I always have selling turned off and gold does play a very little role in my games, as far as the game strategy is involved. If I cannot purchase a Potion of Strength in BM? Big deal.

Subjective argument #3: For me, digging is to make killholes and lower exploration turn count. Not to break walls for cash.

I understand I might have a different approach to some other players. All you miners out there, you're not wrong. It's just that I do not find money system in V being very interesting at all.

Comment

• archolewa
        Swordsman
        • Feb 2019

I tend to mine early on when Im still relying heavily on stuff from the stores, like potions of cure light wounds, staves of detect evil/mapping, town books, that sort of thing. I rarely do it for black market stuff, because usually by the time Ive got the money, the black market has refreshed their stock.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
          Veteran
          • Jan 2009

Totally in favor of run not being interrupted by treasure veins.
          “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
          ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Monkey Face
            Adept
            • Feb 2009

I'm in favor of leaving as is. Especially early on a mine (I buy a shovel to start with if I'm not playing a dwarf). I like to have enough gold on my first return to town to buy the spell books that are sold there plus a few WoR.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎