X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moosferatu
    Apprentice
    • Feb 2020

Great!

I did some reading about ncurses input this morning. I think it's possible to update Term_xtra_gcu_event() to behave a little more like how the other ports handle input. You just need to explicitly map all of the ncurses key codes to Angband key codes.

The catch is that the key codes are dependent on the terminal emulator (for example, some return the same key code for <Right_Arrow> and <Shift><Right_Arrow>), but my understanding is that most modern terminal emulators behave similarly. You could keep the existing, odd behavior, for older terminals and use the new mappings for newer ones.

A side effect of changing the GCU key code mappings to behave like the other ports is that it may break some players' custom mappings. For example:

Input: <Shift><Right_Arrow>
    Current GCU passes to Angband: \xb5
    After fix: {S}[Right]

Comment

• Grotug
      Veteran
      • Nov 2013

I'm pretty happy with how things are now; shift-ctrl is easy to adapt to vs just using ctrl for alter actions.

I think you may have mentioned earlier that there was a problem with the target action in Angband, but I only just noticed it now: I cannot target any square using the trackpad click. Angband is not recognizing that as a keypress at all. :-/ I tried to map the click of the trackpad but it didn't acknowledge any input. I can only target using *. Is there any workaround for this? I have an external mouse I could attach but it's at my house and I'm quarantining in another house right now.
      Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• moosferatu
        Apprentice
        • Feb 2020

No, there is no mouse support.

Comment

• Grotug
          Veteran
          • Nov 2013

I discovered how to target using the 'o' key. This is actually preferable to using the mouse. So looks like I'm all set! Thanks again for all your patience and help Moosferatu.
          Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• smbhax
            Swordsman
            • Oct 2021

Originally posted by moosferatu
            No, there is no mouse support.
            I compiled the latest Angband source though Cygwin, ran with the Curses/ncurses front end, and had left mouse button / touchpad support: clicking the touchpad or the left mouse button moved my @ around the level--it freaked me out in fact, so I had to go and toggle the "mouse moves the player" game option off. : )
            Last edited by smbhax; December 14, 2021, 11:08.
            My Angband videos

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍