• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by PowerDiver
    Magnate posted a debian thing for ef that I assume is similar to an rpm

You can also email me directly, but read that link first, you might be happier with what you have already.
    It's a .deb package, which is indeed similar to an rpm. There's an app called Alien which will convert it to an rpm if you need. If anyone has problems with this, I'm happy to convert it to an rpm myself and host that.

Eddie - pls let me know when ef2 is ready for sharing and I'll compile it. I'm making a couple of other changes of my own - purely cosmetic (auto-inscribing items with depth and source etc.).

CC
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• PowerDiver
      Prophet
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Magnate
      Eddie - pls let me know when ef2 is ready for sharing and I'll compile it. I'm making a couple of other changes of my own - purely cosmetic (auto-inscribing items with depth and source etc.).
      Hmm -- I've moved onto ef3 in which "adders add" as discussed in rgra. Currently, taking off a con item can kill you. Takkaria is opposed to this for some strange reason. I have to figure out how to inhibit the unwield.

The situation is your con ring gives +200 hp, and you are at 100 hp. Choices are:
      (1) Removal drops hp to 0, then rewield for 200 hp thus 100 healed.
      (2) Disallow removal
      (3) Allow swap if new item gives at least +100 hp.
      My current solution is (4) removal drops to -100 hp, death, oops.

I'll send you the final ef2. I don't know if I mentioned before, be sure to use new artifact.txt.

Comment

• Prismatic
        Scout
        • Apr 2008

Would it be possible to program it to keep the same percentage of HP instead? That gives you something like:

Have 100/1000 HP including a +200HP item
        Remove 200HP item
        You have 80/800 remaining, still 10% of your max

It would make it so you don't get healing from it (although I suppose it is easier to heal to full with spells) but won't kill you to remove it.

-Prism

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Giving HP proportional to chp/mhp for any CON change is what NPP does. It is the right thing to do. You only get 200 HP if you are at max HP. At HP 200, you get (or lose) 200/mhp.

Comment

• PowerDiver
            Prophet
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Pete Mack
            Giving HP proportional to chp/mhp for any CON change is what NPP does. It is the right thing to do. You only get 200 HP if you are at max HP. At HP 200, you get (or lose) 200/mhp.
            Not right IMO. It would be different if the con bonus were multiplicative rather than additive. It is wrong to get different results in the two cases:

(1) heal 300
            (2) remove con ring; heal 300; replace con ring

I hear the cries that in the future healing will be made proportional. Doesn't matter. These two are also the same

(1) get hit with 300 damage
            (2) put on con ring; get hit with 300 damage; remove con ring

I'd be happy to see proportional CON bonus, say up to doubling hp at 18/200, and then in addition to acting the way you folks want, there would also be a bigger difference between low and high hp combos. But, until then, IMO, things defined additively should operate additively.

In fact, I enjoy the idea that perhaps the only thing keeping my char alive until it gets healed is that amazing Necklace. That's right out of multiple fantasy novels.

Adders should add. There's no chance whatsoever of changing my mind on that.

Of course it's Takkaria who will decide what is most consistent for future V. My patch is so that people [including me ] can test my ideas in actual games and see whether they like them.

Comment

• aeneas
              Adept
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by PowerDiver
              In fact, I enjoy the idea that perhaps the only thing keeping my char alive until it gets healed is that amazing Necklace. That's right out of multiple fantasy novels.
              There's actually the epic necklace from the Amber novels (not in theme for V, but definitely for Z)- keeps you alive past 0 hp but then starts sucking the life out of you. Might be an interesting artifact, if the mechanics could be made to work. Though to make it interesting it would have to start sucking your life before 0 hp (otherwise it would be pure win, either way.)

Comment

• s0be
                Apprentice
                • Jan 2008

Do you have these changes as broken out patches? I'd be interested in reviewing and testing some of them, but don't feel like testing them all at once.

Comment

• PowerDiver
                  Prophet
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by s0be
                  Do you have these changes as broken out patches? I'd be interested in reviewing and testing some of them, but don't feel like testing them all at once.
                  Sorry, but it is all together. If you know how to code, the changes are clearly marked, but unfortunately I have been getting lazier and haven't been commenting which changes do what as carefully as I did at the beginning.

A lot of the stuff is interrelated, to the point where I cannot necessarily separate the different changes into modules, so I gave up on that.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎