Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carnivean
    Knight
    • Sep 2013

The 8 cardinal directions thing is a legacy feature that holds it back. Make it a ball attack that hits the player but doesn't damage them. That way it'll expand all around them properly.

And they should have a Dark opposite.

Comment

• Grotug
      Veteran
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Carnivean
      The 8 cardinal directions thing is a legacy feature that holds it back. Make it a ball attack that hits the player but doesn't damage them. That way it'll expand all around them properly.

And they should have a Dark opposite.
      Maybe a staff of darkness should be "buffed" and made useful to Necromancers?

@Bio_Hazard: I'm not too concerned that temporary free action would be overpowered, more that it doesn't seem thematically fitting, as compared to see invisible, protection from fear, detect traps and lightness so bright it hurts other creatures.
      Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• gglibertine
        Adept
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Grotug
        Maybe a staff of darkness should be "buffed" and made useful to Necromancers?
        I would be strongly in favour of this. Considering how crippled Necromancers are in the early game, every little bit helps.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎