X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sky
    Veteran
    • Oct 2016

sharing a randart seed?

is there a way, say, like Minecraft has, where i can share my randart seed, and someone else can use it?

and if not, why not?
    "i can take this dracolich"
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Not directly, but sharing the randart file has exactly the same effect.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• dos350
      Knight
      • Sep 2010

probably take som1 5min to add commandline where u can put in ur seed like -R_0a1f63a0 etc

also maybe expose the seed in char gen? or hav an option to input 1 there too??
      ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Pondlife
        Apprentice
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by dos350
        probably take som1 5min to add commandline where u can put in ur seed like -R_0a1f63a0 etc
        I maintain a couple of open source projects (unrelated to Angband), which do this. I find it helps a lot when writing test suites for autoconf/automake ("make check"); and when trying to reproduce some strange behavour that a user has encountered.

I use the Mersenne Twister PRNG in my projects, but this concept should be applicable to any PRNG that can be seeded.

tl;dr: +1
        Playing roguelikes on and off since 1984.
        rogue, hack, moria, nethack, angband & zangband.

Comment

• Sky
          Veteran
          • Oct 2016

as i understand it, a short while ago the option to "use the same randart set as the last game" was removed. sucks when you keep getting warriors with +2 shot rings and rangers with +2 attacks rings.

anyway, it would be cool if both i could pick what randart set to use from the seed (avoids having to store a larger file) and if i want to post it for someone else to use.

i mean, i'm still waiting for [s] to be the rest key, so it's not like i expect this to happen tomorrow, but a man can dream.
          "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍