X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ekolis
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Feature request for item inspection

Thought I'd post this here rather than on the bugtracker so I could get some discussion about it rather than it being lost with all the other ideas there

So you know how when you inspect an item, it says something like "This item was dropped by a Kobold Mage on dungeon level 3 (150')"? Well, especially for items found on the floor, that information's not really all that useful... what would make it more useful is an indicator of the level feeling you got for the level you found it on! So the message might say something like "This item was dropped by a Kobold Mage in a quite dangerous looking section of dungeon level 3 (150')"?

This would be helpful if, for instance, you have a number of identical-looking but non-stacking items, and you can't remember which one you found on that "special" level and thus might be an artifact
    You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
    You are surrounded by a stasis field!
    The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!
  • Big Al
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

Note that level feelings have no effect on dropped items or vice versa. So "This item was dropped by a Kobold Mage in a quite dangerous looking section of dungeon level 3 (150')" doesn't say anything more than "This item was dropped by a Kobold Mage on dungeon level 3 (150')". However "This item was found on the ground in a quite dangerous looking section of dungeon level 3 (150')" would say something. Good idea, but still I think that it's not really worth keeping track of.
    Come play Metroplexity!
    Un, V MX H- D c-- f- PV s- d+ P++ M+
    c-- S I++ So+ B+ ac- !GHB SQ RQ+ V+

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞