Hobbit Ranger

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pete Mack
    replied
    (+5,+5) is an average, not exact. The brand you get is random, so there will be long streaks without a particular type coming up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    All my arrows branded from worst (+4, +4) to best (+6, +6).

    I got lots of fire branded arrows. Oddly, though I would only get fire and cold with one launcher, and when I switched to the other I started getting other brands (I don't remember what they were, maybe acid or poison).

    I think I would still brand first and enchant second for maximum overall damage on the arrows. Most brands find a use somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oraticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Enchant after branding. Brand takes you straight to (+5,+5) which is enough for most purposes. Don't waste enchantment on a stack of what turns out to be poison brand when you really want more fire brand ammo.
    I'm running a HE Ranger right now (yes, High Elf is OP, but I've yet to get a win, so it's my noob crutch), and the past few stacks of store arrows I've branded with Tenser's have only given me (+2, +2). If it ever was, I don't think it is a guarantee anymore to get (+5, +5) on branding.

    Originally posted by Sky
    you can buy standard arrows in the market and enchant them to +12 to +13 (the spell starts to fail around +12, but it could in theory go all the way up to +15) plus a random brand (fire / cold / poison / lightning .. no acid, sorry).
    Actually, no lightning or acid. Tenser's only brands fire / ice / poison. Don't know if that's a recent change either. Sucks when you want to kill undead and Tenser's is refusing to give you fire brands.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Enchant after branding. Brand takes you straight to (+5,+5) which is enough for most purposes. Don't waste enchantment on a stack of what turns out to be poison brand when you really want more fire brand ammo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    Geez, mage spells sure are a helluva alot cheaper than Ranger's. Trying my luck as a Hobbit Ranger again. Will enchant my arrows before branding them (if I make it that far) and won't forget to use Runes!

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    You know I never even tried the enchant weapon spell. Very silly of me. Yes, I should have enchanted my ammo to around +10-+12 and then branded it. I could have probably found something to leave at home and bring an extra 40 arrows and at least softend up Sauron a good bit and then runed to finish him off in melee. Or foregone DW completely and tried to take him out solely by ranged attack.

    I'm still torn as to whether wielding DW was a good move. I had 793HP when I entered the fight with Sauron. Surely that should be enough for the type of character I was playing?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sky
    replied
    depending on how much you accept it's ok to rest before it's considered scumming, you can buy standard arrows in the market and enchant them to +12 to +13 (the spell starts to fail around +12, but it could in theory go all the way up to +15) plus a random brand (fire / cold / poison / lightning .. no acid, sorry).
    this makes market arrows almost identical in damage to dungeon arrows, except that:
    1) dungeon arrows can be of acid
    2) dungeon arrows can be of wounding, +20 to +24, meaning you can do the same damage as a brand, to enemies which resist all 5 brands
    3) of slay evil or holy might

    the other slays you find in the dungeon are irrelevant, because a slay dragon is no better than a brand, and most are susceptible to at least 1 brand. but these arrows are useless against non-slays.

    seeker arrows and mithril don't add that much damage when you got a +12 brand, and while they are preferrable, the standard arrows are fine.

    (not sure why the game insists that mithril arrows are *better* than seekers)

    Leave a comment:


  • luneya
    replied
    Yeah, your best arrows are limited, but IIRC you have access to spell versions of enchant weapon, plus elemental brand. You can buy an unlimited supply of plain arrows from the general store, and enchant them up to the point where they are acceptably good ways to kill things that aren't the big uniques, allowing you to save the few really good arrows you find for the important fights while still using archery as your main weapon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    Oh yeah, I forgot about rune, but still, he was blasting me with spells every other turn. Maybe I was just unlucky how many spells he was hitting me with; usually it's not quite that bad when I'm fighting Sauron. I probably shoulda just kept drinking health potions. I did have him below half health. But I had used half my !healing stack of 10 and 1 !*Healing*.I did have 4 more !*Healing* at home and 1 !Life and 1 !Life on me. Oh well. Gonna try High Elf Rogue next.

    I really wasn't finding any good arrows. Best arrows I found were the lightning ones but I used them up on Dracoliches figuring I'd find more ammo. If I save my ammo, I end up with too much good ammo and having the painful decision of picking which one I think is least useful (which is a total crapshoot). If I use my good ammo, I end up not finding anymore good ammo. Story of my life.

    The other thing about gaining extra shots is it's only good if you are carrying with you 200 arrows. It's not really realistic for me to carry 200 arrows. My best arrows did 400 a round. That's 133 per arrow. 10,500/133 = 79 arrows. But I only had like 15 of those.
    Last edited by Grotug; January 4, 2017, 17:31.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    You can cast Rune of protection. And you can use archery with ordinary branded/enchanted arrows. Both will vastly reduce the amount of damage you take in melee.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    793 health is not enough to melee someone who does 595. I can't !heal every time I go below 595 if I'm always going below 595... so I take a risk and try to phase out of the way and fail and he raw magics and I die. Think I'll stick with HT Warrior or if I'm going to be fragile ranger then I'm going to trawl the dungeon until I find good arrows next time.

    No, I did not bring my 23 holy might arrows since I was saving them for Morgoth.

    Anyway, this is exactly what I was afraid of. Not knowing how to play an aggravating melee with insufficient HP. Even with Shield Sauron would sometimes do 150 damage in one round of melee.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    My bad. Rune is in Mordy. Kelek has *destruction* spell, also occasionally useful for ranger. Both add significant power to an already overpowered class.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    MB9 is Kelek's Grimoire of Power? For some reason I haven't held onto that book. I think my SP pool is too low with DW to reliably haste when I needed.

    After going to the dungeon and clearing a Demon pit with Oromë I decided it was time to acknowledge how powerful my @ has become. I went back to town, and grabbed DW. At the last minute, as I was in Recall, I dropped my last arrow of lightning (890dam/round) and grabbed the amulet of the magi I picked up from a demon drop <+4> and decided I'd swap Trickery whenever I need to cast. I think this is a brilliant solution to my low mana woes with DW. Anyway... here they come! Wondering if I will try to take on Anglican or Glaurung (I need to TO at least one of them). A beholder was never so pathetic. I dispatched him in two rounds; he couldn't do nada.

    Glaurung came first so he got TO'd. Blink dogs messed me up and so ancient dragons were summoned when I was blinked into LOS of both Unique dragons before I could TO Glaurung. Anglican wasn't too bad; but at 729 CON I feel its a bit dicey fighting such big foes in melee. I quickly dropped to 300 health. Good thing I decided to hold onto the staff of healing; used 4 charges. I also grabbed a stack of ?recharging. I think I need to get my CON up; oh, also, I should really try Shield while fighting melee. Never tried that spell. Also to note, Coluin doesn't last long enough, even when I'm making fights short with DW. Good thing I forgot I didn't need Resistance book since I used the activation and the book.

    It's interesting, even with double resistances when I get breathed on I feel more vulnerable than with single resist and 1000HP as a HT warrior. but I am only CL42 and I am not maxed on CON yet.

    Anglican falls quite easily despite poor pre-fight setup.

    Code:
      [Angband 4.0.5 Character Dump]
    
     Name   Samwise      Age             24          Self  RB  CB  EB   Best
     Race   Hobbit       Height        2'8"   STR! 18/100  -2  +0 +11 18/190
     Class  Ranger       Weight     4st 3lb   INT:  18/95  +2  +2  +1 18/145
     Title  Ranger       Turns used:          WIS:  18/45  +1  -2  +1  18/45
     HP     564/729      Game        348349   DEX! 18/100  +3  +1  +5 18/190
     SP     179/241      Standard     57020   CON:  18/69  +2  -1 +11 18/189
                         Resting       1728
    
     Level                 42    Armor      [35,+96]    Saving Throw     91%
     Cur Exp          2378137                           Stealth       Superb
     Max Exp          2378137    Melee       7d8,+45    Disarming        95%
     Adv Exp          2520000    To-hit       57,+82    Magic Devices     95
                                 Blows      4.7/turn    Perception    1 in 1
     Gold              197774                           Searching        61%
     Burden          200.9 lb    Shoot to-dam    +15    Infravision    90 ft
     Overweight       21.0 lb    To-hit       93,+76    Speed             17
     Max Depth    4900' (L98)    Shots        3/turn
    
     You are the only child of a Hobbit Burglar.  You are a well liked
     child.  You have hazel eyes, wavy red hair, and a dark complexion.
    
    
    
    rAcid:.......+....! Nexus:....+........
    rElec:.+.....+....! Nethr:......+......
    rFire:*+.*...+....! Chaos:+.....+......
    rCold:.+.....+....! Disen:+............
    rPois:....+.+++...! pFear:...+....++...
    rLite:..........+.. pBlnd:.....+..+....
    rDark:+............ pConf:.........+...
    Sound:.........+... pStun:.........+...
    Shard:............. HLife:............+
    
    Regen:.+.+......... Stea.:....+........
      ESP:...+......... Sear.:....+........
    Invis:...+.+....... Infra:....+.......+
    FrAct:...+......+.. Tunn.:+............
    Feath:............. Speed:...++......+!
    S.Dig:...+......... Blows:.............
    ImpHP:............. Shots:.............
     Fear:............. Might:.+...........
    Aggrv:+............ Light:.....+....+..
    
    
      [Character Equipment]
    
    a) the Mace of Disruption 'Deathwreaker' (7d8) (+18,+18) <+6, +4>
         Found lying on the floor at 4250 feet (level 85)
         
         +6 strength.
         +4 tunneling.
         Slays dragons, animals, evil creatures, undead (powerfully).
         Branded with fire.
         Provides immunity to fire.
         Provides resistance to dark, chaos, disenchantment.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Aggravates creatures nearby.  
         
         Combat info:
         4.7 blows/round.
         With +0 STR and +1 DEX you would get 5.0 blows
         Average damage/round: 816.8 vs. creatures not resistant to fire,
         816.8 vs. dragons, 624.9 vs. animals, 624.9 vs. evil creatures,
         1200.9 vs. undead, and 433.1 vs. others.
         
    b) the Short Bow of Amrod (x4) (+12,+15) <+2>
         Dropped by Itangast the Fire Drake at 4100 feet (level 82)
         
         +2 strength.
         +2 constitution.
         +2 shooting power.
         Provides resistance to lightning, fire, frost.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Speeds regeneration.  
         
    c) a Ring of Constitution <+6>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4400 feet (level 88)
         
         +6 constitution.
         Sustains constitution.
         
    d) the Ring of Fire 'Narya' (+2,+2) <+1, +5> (charging) {@2}
         Found lying on the floor of a labyrinth at 4100 feet (level 82)
         
         +1 strength.
         +1 intelligence.
         +1 wisdom.
         +1 dexterity.
         +1 constitution.
         +5 speed.
         Provides immunity to fire.
         Provides protection from fear.
         Cannot be harmed by lightning.
         Sustains strength, constitution.
         Slows your metabolism.  Speeds regeneration.  Prevents paralysis. 
         Grants telepathy.  Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
         
         When activated, it grants you protection from evil for 1d25 plus 3
         times your character level turns.
         Takes 734 to 1440 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 90.0%
         
    e) an Amulet of Trickery <+4, +3, +5> {@1}
         Found lying on the floor in a pit at 4900 feet (level 98)
         
         +4 dexterity.
         +3 stealth.
         +5 searching skill.
         +5 infravision.
         +3 speed.
         Provides resistance to poison gas, nexus.
         Sustains dexterity.
         
    f) a Lantern of True Sight (14580 turns) <+2>
         Bought from a store
         
         Provides protection from blindness.
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
         Radius 2 light.
         
    g) the Hard Leather Armour of Himring [20,+15] {@2}
         Taken from a chest found at 4400 feet (level 88)
         
         Provides resistance to poison gas, nether, chaos.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         When activated, it grants you protection from evil for 1d25 plus 3
         times your character level turns.
         Takes 363 to 720 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 93.0%
         
    h) the Cloak 'Colluin' [1,+15] (charging)
         Found lying on the floor of a cavern at 3900 feet (level 78)
         
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, poison gas.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         When activated, it grants temporary resistance to acid,
         electricity, fire, cold and poison for 1d20+20 turns.
         Takes 399 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 97.3%
         
    i) the Leather Shield of the Haradrim (+5,+5) [9,+15] <+2> (charging) {@3}
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +2 strength.
         +2 constitution.
         Provides resistance to poison gas.
         Provides protection from fear, blindness.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         Sustains strength, constitution.
         
         When activated, it puts you in a berserker rage for d50+50 turns.
         Takes 180 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 94.7%
         
    j) a Jewel Encrusted Crown of Serenity [0,+15]
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         Provides resistance to sound.
         Provides protection from fear, confusion, stunning.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         
    k) the Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim' (+5,+5) [1,+13] <+1>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 3000 feet (level 60)
         
         Provides resistance to light.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Sustains constitution.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         Radius 1 light.
         
         When activated, it fires a magic missile with damage 3d4.
         Takes 7 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 96.9%
         
    l) a Pair of Iron Shod Boots of Speed [4,+19] <+10>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +10 speed.
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
    
    
    
    
      [Character Inventory]
    
    a) a Book of Magic Spells [Magic for Beginners] {@1}
    b) a Book of Magic Spells [Conjurings and Tricks]
    c) a Book of Magic Spells [Incantations and Illusions] {@2}
    d) a Book of Magic Spells [Sorcery and Evocations] {@3}
    e) 2 Books of Magic Spells [Resistances of Scarabtarices] {@4}
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
    f) a Book of Magic Spells [Mordenkainen's Escapes] {@5}
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
    g) 29 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds
    h) 10 Potions of Healing
    i) 4 Potions of *Healing*
         It can be thrown at creatures with damaging effect.
         
    j) 2 Potions of Enlightenment
    k) 39 Scrolls of Phase Door
    l) 15 Scrolls of Teleportation {!*}
    m) 10 Scrolls of Recharging
    n) 3 Rods of Teleport Other (2 charging)
    o) 5 Wands of Teleport Other (24 charges)
    p) a Staff of Healing (0 charges)
    q) 2 Staves of Power (2 charges) {!u}
    r) an Amulet of the Magi [+7] <+4, +2> {@1}
         Dropped by a Glabrezu at 4900 feet (level 98)
         
         +4 intelligence.
         +2 searching skill.
         Provides protection from blindness.
         Sustains intelligence.
         Prevents paralysis.  Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
         
    
    
    
    
      [Character Quiver]
    
    0) 18 Arrows of Venom (1d4) (+6,+6)
         Branded with poison.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 528 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         and 301.8 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    1) 19 Arrows of Frost (1d4) (+8,+9)
         Branded with cold.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 595.5 vs. creatures not resistant to cold,
         and 340.2 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    2) 16 Arrows of Flame (1d4) (+10,+10)
         Branded with fire.
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 618 vs. creatures not resistant to fire, and
         353.1 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    3) 20 Seeker Arrows of Venom (4d4) (+10,+8)
         Branded with poison.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 741.6 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         and 423.6 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    4) 15 Mithril Arrows of Venom (3d4) (+8,+9)
         Branded with poison.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 707.7 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         and 404.4 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    5) 20 Mithril Arrows of Frost (3d4) (+8,+8)
         Branded with cold.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 685.2 vs. creatures not resistant to cold,
         and 391.5 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    6) 12 Mithril Arrows of Venom (3d4) (+10,+8)
         Branded with poison.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 685.2 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         and 391.5 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    7) 20 Mithril Arrows of Venom (3d4) (+10,+9)
         Branded with poison.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 707.7 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         and 404.4 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    8) 2 Mithril Arrows of Flame (3d4) (+11,+10)
         Branded with fire.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 730.2 vs. creatures not resistant to fire,
         and 417.3 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    
    
      [Home Inventory]
    
    a) a Book of Magic Spells [Tenser's Transformations]
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
    b) 26 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds
    c) 5 Potions of *Healing*
         It can be thrown at creatures with damaging effect.
         
    d) a Potion of Life
         It can be thrown at creatures with damaging effect.
         
    e) 12 Potions of Restore Mana
    f) 4 Scrolls of Mass Banishment
    g) 3 Scrolls of Rune of Protection
    h) 4 Scrolls of *Destruction*
    i) the Ring of Tulkas <+4> {special}
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         You do not know the full extent of this item's powers.
         +4 strength.
         +4 dexterity.
         +4 constitution.
         
         When activated, it hastens you for d75+75 turns.
         Takes 543 to 1080 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 90.0%
         
    j) an Amulet of Weaponmastery (+4,+4) <+3>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 strength.
         Provides resistance to disenchantment.
         Provides protection from fear.
         Sustains strength, constitution.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         
    k) the Pendant of Ingwë <+3, +4>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 intelligence.
         +3 wisdom.
         +4 infravision.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, frost.
         Provides protection from confusion.
         Prevents paralysis.  Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
         
         When activated, it deals five times your level's damage to all
         evil creatures that you can see.
         Takes 183 to 360 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 90.9%
         
    l) Chaos Dragon Scale Mail (Dwarven) (-2) [40,+39] <+1, +2, +3>
         Found lying on the floor of a labyrinth at 4100 feet (level 82)
         
         +1 strength.
         +2 constitution.
         +3 infravision.
         Provides resistance to chaos, disenchantment.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         
    m) the Chain Mail of Arvedui (-2) [40,+15] <+2>
         Found lying on the floor of a cavern at 2200 feet (level 44)
         
         +2 strength.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, shards,
         nexus.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         
    n) the Soft Leather Armour 'Hithlomir' [10,+20] <+3>
         Dropped by a Quasit at 3450 feet (level 69)
         
         +3 stealth.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, dark, nether.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
    o) a Cloak of Aman [1,+25] <+3>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 stealth.
         Provides resistance to shards.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
    p) a Wicker Shield of Elvenkind [2,+13] <+2>
         Taken from a chest found at 3450 feet (level 69)
         
         +2 stealth.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, poison gas.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         
    q) the Hard Leather Cap of Thranduil [2,+10] <+2>
         Conjured forth by magic at 4900 feet (level 98)
         
         +2 intelligence.
         +2 wisdom.
         Provides protection from blindness.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         Grants telepathy.  
         
    r) the Metal Cap of Celebrimbor [3,+18] <+2, +3>
         Dropped by a Mature multi-hued dragon at 4900 feet (level 98)
         
         +2 intelligence.
         +2 dexterity.
         +3 searching skill.
         Provides resistance to acid, fire, shards, disenchantment.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         
    s) a Set of Caestus of Power (+2,+6) [5,+8] <+5>
         Dropped by a Greater mummy at 4900 feet (level 98)
         
         +5 strength.
         
    t) the Pair of Leather Boots 'Dal-i-thalion' [2,+15] <+5>
         Dropped by an Easterling warrior at 4400 feet (level 88)
         
         +5 dexterity.
         +5 speed.
         Provides resistance to nether.
         Provides protection from confusion.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Sustains constitution.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         
         When activated, it cures you of fear and poison.
         Takes 18 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 96.9%
         
    u) the Spear of Oromë (4d6) (+15,+15) <+4, +1> {!d!v!k@1!!}
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 1600 feet (level 32)
         
         +4 intelligence.
         +4 infravision.
         +4 speed.
         Slays giants, animals.
         Branded with fire.
         Provides resistance to fire, light.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Blessed by the gods.  Feather Falling.  Grants the ability to see
         invisible things.  
         Radius 1 light.
         
         When activated, it turns rock into mud.
         Takes 18 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 96.5%
         
         Combat info:
         5.0 blows/round.
         Average damage/round: 419.5 vs. creatures not resistant to fire,
         419.5 vs. giants, 342.5 vs. animals, and 265.5 vs. others.
         
    v) the Trident of Wrath (3d10) (+16,+18) <+2>
         Dropped by a Dark elven druid at 2450 feet (level 49)
         
         +2 strength.
         +2 dexterity.
         Slays evil creatures, undead (powerfully).
         Branded with poison.
         Provides resistance to light, dark.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Blessed by the gods.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
         
         
         Combat info:
         5.0 blows/round.
         Average damage/round: 490.5 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         399 vs. evil creatures, 673.5 vs. undead, and 307.5 vs. others.
         
    w) a Mace of Disruption (Holy Avenger) (5d8) (+19,+21) [+3] <+3>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 wisdom.
         Slays evil creatures, demons, undead.
         Provides protection from fear.
         Sustains constitution.
         Blessed by the gods.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
         
         
         Combat info:
         4.3 blows/round.
         With +5 STR and +0 DEX you would get 4.7 blows
         With +0 STR and +1 DEX you would get 4.7 blows
         Average damage/round: 460.4 vs. evil creatures, 585.4 vs. demons,
         585.4 vs. undead, and 335.4 vs. others.
         
    x) 23 Seeker Arrows of Holy Might (4d4) (+18,+23)
         Slays evil creatures, demons, undead.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 933 vs. evil creatures, 1088.7 vs. demons,
         1088.7 vs. undead, and 622.2 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    
    
    [Player history]
          Turn   Depth  Note
             0      0'  Began the quest to destroy Morgoth.
           160      0'  Killed Farmer Maggot
           300    100'  Killed Grip, Farmer Maggot's dog
           300    100'  Reached level 2
           300    100'  Reached level 3
           345    100'  Reached level 4
           535    150'  Reached level 5
          1134    200'  Reached level 6
          1627    200'  Reached level 7
          2354    250'  Reached level 8
          3546    400'  Reached level 9
          3891    400'  Reached level 10
          4387    450'  Reached level 11
          5130    600'  Killed Fang, Farmer Maggot's dog
          5576    650'  Reached level 12
          5877    650'  Killed Brodda, the Easterling
          6061    650'  Reached level 13
          6604    650'  Reached level 14
          7727    650'  Reached level 15
          7772    650'  Reached level 16
          7816    650'  Reached level 17
          7855    650'  Reached level 18
          7978    650'  Reached level 19
          8890    900'  Reached level 20
          9857   1000'  Reached level 21
         10838   1100'  Killed Orfax, Son of Boldor
         10892   1100'  Killed Boldor, King of the Yeeks
         10897   1100'  Found the Long Sword 'Elvagil' (LOST)
         11677   1350'  Killed Nár, the Dwarf
         11797   1350'  Reached level 22
         12164   1400'  Reached level 23
         13637   1450'  Reached level 24
         14745   1600'  Reached level 25
         14745   1600'  Reached level 26
         14907   1600'  Reached level 27
         15600   1600'  Found the Broad Axe 'Barukkheled' (LOST)
         15631   1600'  Found the Spear of Oromë
         16187   1600'  Killed Ibun, Son of Mîm
         16511   1600'  Killed Wormtongue, Agent of Saruman
         17659   1600'  Reached level 28
         17749   1600'  Killed Draebor, the Imp
         17752   1600'  Found the Phial of Galadriel (LOST)
         18900   1900'  Killed Sangahyando of Umbar
         18915   1900'  Killed Angamaitë of Umbar
         18932   1900'  Found the Flail 'Totila' (LOST)
         19300   2200'  Found the Chain Mail of Arvedui
         19810   2200'  Reached level 29
         22356   2450'  Found the Trident of Wrath
         22836   2450'  Reached level 30
         23414   2600'  Killed Bullroarer the Hobbit
         24358   2550'  Reached level 31
         25822   2650'  Killed Gorbag, the Orc Captain
         25887   2650'  Killed Beorn, the Shape-Changer
         25900   2650'  Found the Executioner's Sword 'Crisdurian' (LOST)
         26829   2650'  Reached level 32
         28906   2900'  Reached level 33
         29706   2900'  Killed Uvatha the Horseman
         29806   2900'  Killed Golfimbul, the Hill Orc Chief
         30065   2900'  Killed Bert the Stone Troll
         30081   2900'  Killed Bill the Stone Troll
         30101   2900'  Killed Grishnákh, the Hill Orc
         30158   2900'  Killed Tom the Stone Troll
         31963   3000'  Killed Rogrog the Black Troll
         32008   3000'  Found the Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim'
         32202   3000'  Killed Lorgan, Chief of the Easterlings
         32220   3000'  Killed Lokkak, the Ogre Chieftain
         32227   3000'  Found the Amulet of Carlammas (LOST)
         32619   3250'  Reached level 34
         33829   3350'  Killed Uldor the Accursed
         35152   3450'  Killed Akhorahil the Blind
         35152   3450'  Reached level 35
         35619   3450'  Found the Soft Leather Armour 'Hithlomir'
         35836   3450'  Killed The Cat Lord
         36745   3500'  Found the Leather Scale Mail 'Thalkettoth' (LOST)
         36772   3500'  Killed The Queen Ant
         37075   3500'  Killed Khîm, Son of Mîm
         38531   3500'  Killed Ulfast, Son of Ulfang
         38531   3500'  Killed Mughash the Kobold Lord
         38537   3500'  Found the Rapier 'Careth Asdriag' (LOST)
         38768   3500'  Reached level 36
         39667   3550'  Killed Harowen the Black Hand
         39826   3550'  Killed Castamir the Usurper
         39829   3550'  Found the Necklace of the Dwarves (LOST)
         41256   3900'  Found the Cloak 'Colluin'
         41771   4000'  Killed Bolg, Son of Azog
         42200   4050'  Killed Lagduf, the Snaga
         43302   4100'  Killed Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir
         43644   4100'  Reached level 37
         43684   4100'  Found the Ring of Fire 'Narya'
         44418   4100'  Killed Itangast the Fire Drake
         44431   4100'  Found the Short Bow of Amrod
         44465   4100'  Found the Lucerne Hammer 'Turmil' (LOST)
         44953   4200'  Killed Smaug the Golden
         45011   4200'  Killed Ulwarth, Son of Ulfang
         45412   4200'  Killed Shagrat, the Orc Captain
         46082   4200'  Found the Mithril Chain Mail 'Belegennon' (LOST)
         46241   4200'  Killed Ufthak of Cirith Ungol
         46243   4200'  Found the Leather Shield of the Haradrim
         46521   4200'  Reached level 38
         46597   4200'  Killed Vargo, Tyrant of Fire
         46643   4200'  Found the Ring of Tulkas
         47060   4200'  Found the Pendant of Ingwë
         47135   4200'  Killed Scatha the Worm
         48556   4250'  Found the Mace of Disruption 'Deathwreaker'
         48915   4250'  Reached level 39
         49045   4250'  Found the Pair of Steel Shod Boots of Thrór (LOST)
         49662   4350'  Killed The Lernaean Hydra
         50311   4400'  Reached level 40
         51220   4400'  Found the Hard Leather Armour of Himring
         51255   4400'  Found the Pair of Leather Boots 'Dal-i-thalion'
         52657   4400'  Reached level 41
         53879   4900'  Found the Hard Leather Cap of Thranduil
         54577   4900'  Reached level 42
         54907   4900'  Found the Metal Cap of Celebrimbor
    
    
      [Options]
    
      [User interface]
    
    Use the roguelike command keyset             : no  (rogue_like_commands)
    Use sound                                    : yes (use_sound)
    Show damage player deals to monsters         : no  (show_damage)
    Use old target by default                    : no  (use_old_target)
    Always pickup items                          : no  (pickup_always)
    Always pickup items matching inventory       : yes (pickup_inven)
    Show flavors in object descriptions          : no  (show_flavors)
    Highlight target with cursor                 : yes (show_target)
    Disturb whenever viewable monster moves      : yes (disturb_near)
    Show walls as solid blocks                   : no  (solid_walls)
    Show walls with shaded background            : no  (hybrid_walls)
    Color: Illuminate torchlight in yellow       : no  (view_yellow_light)
    Color: Shimmer multi-colored things          : no  (animate_flicker)
    Center map continuously                      : yes (center_player)
    Color: Show unique monsters in purple        : no  (purple_uniques)
    Automatically clear '-more-' prompts         : no  (auto_more)
    Color: Player color indicates % hit points   : yes (hp_changes_color)
    Allow mouse clicks to move the player        : no  (mouse_movement)
    Notify on object recharge                    : no  (notify_recharge)
    
      [Birth]
    
    Randomise the artifacts (except a very few)  : no  (birth_randarts)
    Word of Recall has no effect                 : no  (birth_no_recall)
    Restrict creation of artifacts               : no  (birth_no_artifacts)
    Don't stack objects on the floor             : no  (birth_no_stacking)
    Lose artifacts when leaving level            : no  (birth_no_preserve)
    Don't generate connected stairs              : no  (birth_no_stairs)
    Don't show level feelings                    : no  (birth_no_feelings)
    Increase gold drops but disable selling      : yes (birth_no_selling)
    Use previous set of randarts                 : yes (birth_keep_randarts)
    Start with a kit of useful gear              : yes (birth_start_kit)
    Monsters learn from their mistakes           : no  (birth_ai_learn)
    Force player descent                         : no  (birth_force_descend)
    Heh, I just remembered last night I dreamt that, in moment of carelessness, I stumbled upon a Jabberwock and didn't have rChaos and still had like 300HP. It was the Jabberwock's turn, but I closed my computer and went to bed, leaving it to the morning to clear the {more} prompts, hoping I wouldn't wake to a dead @, but half expecting to.

    Found a ring of Dam [+14] but not sure if it makes sense to save it as I don't see it trumping a stat ring/Tuklas or a ring of power.

    Just picked up Rohirrim and =Speed <+13> which can allow me to wear Thranduil and replace Narya for =Speed giving me proof against double shot when I face Morgoth. I will be taking on Sauron real soon, don't worry.

    Glaurung no match. Shield spell makes a noticeable difference.
    Last edited by Grotug; January 4, 2017, 11:16.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Haradrim activation is the some as the berserk buffing spell in Tenser's. Use it and Heroism any time you fight a real opponent. The Rune of protection spell in Mb9 is good too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    Still can't decide if I want to switch to deathwreaker. I have haradrim shield so that should help against high AC targets; its Activation gives a +24 increase to-hit bonus .

    I noticed that if I increase my INT beyond /180 the chance to fail goes down further even if my SP pool doesn't increase. I can do elemental brand with 5% fail.
    Last edited by Grotug; January 4, 2017, 01:53.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕