• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icefyre
    Scout
    • Nov 2016

Broken Savefile

Hello all,

I am in dire need of your assistance and I am hoping someone out there will be able to help. I was playing a mage character and had gotten further than I ever have before. Long story short, I rebooted my PC and ended up with an error message:

bad lore flag: Dflags:IM_ACID.

I tried to copy the save file to a new instance on angband and got the following message...

Savefile corrupted - couldn't load block history

Insanely depressed, as I spent months on this character. Is there someone out there who might be able to help?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart in advance for any assistance you may be able to render.

I am playing on angband 4.0.2 for Windows.
  • Patashu
    Knight
    • Jan 2008

Maybe you could upload your savefile? (you can use a site like Mediafire or Dropbox to do so)
    My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu

Comment

• icefyre
      Scout
      • Nov 2016

Savefile uploaded

hi Patashu,

Thank you for your response. I have uploaded the broken savefile to Onedrive:

The link is as follows:

Thanks!

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

I have attached a fixed savefile - you just need to uncompress it and it should work fine.

It looks like the original had somehow got cut short - maybe something happened in the reboot. I think you have lost the last 7 or 8 entries of your history, but otherwise the character should be as you expect.
        Attached Files
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• icefyre
          Scout
          • Nov 2016

Thank you!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!!
          YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Can't tell you how much I appreciate this! If there is anyway I can compensate you for your time and effort, please let me know.

Thank you very much!

Would you be able to show me how you repaired the save file? I looked through it a little and I tried to terminate it correctly but it didn't seem to work. I assumed there was a counter that I needed to adjust in the file and that the loop was overreading it because it assumed there were more history entries than it could find in the file. Was I on the right track?

Thank you again!!!!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍