Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nomad
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

Well, while we're kicking ideas around, how about adding a new page to the knowledge menu that compares the resistances of all items you currently own (whether they're equipped, in the inventory, or in the home) in one long scrollable list, something like this?

Code:
    [bc=black][color=gray]

[color=yellow]@                   [/color][color=#333333][color=yellow]AcElFiCoPoLi[/color]DkSo[color=yellow]Sh[/color]Nx[color=yellow]NtChDi pFpB[/color]pCpS HL[color=yellow]RgESSIFA[/color]Ft[color=yellow]SD[/color] [/color]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [color=cyan]e / (Holy Avenger)    [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi [color=cyan]pF[/color]pBpCpS HLRgES[color=cyan]SI[/color]FAFtSD [/color]
     i | of Extra Attacks  [color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
       \ (Defender)        [color=#333333][color=gray]AcElFiCo[/color]PoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HL[color=gray]Rg[/color]ES[color=gray]SIFAFt[/color]SD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e } of Power          [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e = 'Narya'           [/color][color=#333333]AcEl[color=cyan]Fi[/color]CoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi [color=cyan]pF[/color]pBpCpS HL[color=cyan]RgESSIFA[/color]Ft[color=cyan]SD[/color] [/color]
     [color=cyan]e = Damage            [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     i = Resist Poison     [color=#333333]AcElFiCo[color=gray]Po[/color]LiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
       = Acid              [color=#333333][color=gray]Ac[/color]ElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e " Weaponmastery     [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtCh[color=cyan]Di pF[/color]pBpCpS HLRgESSI[color=cyan]FA[/color]FtSD [/color]
       " Trickery          [color=#333333]AcElFiCo[color=gray]Po[/color]LiDkSoSh[color=gray]Nx[/color]NtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e ~ of True Sight     [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pF[color=cyan]pB[/color]pCpS HLRgES[color=cyan]SI[/color]FAFtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e ( of Himring        [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCo[color=cyan]Po[/color]LiDkSoShNx[color=cyan]NtCh[/color]Di pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
       [ of Elvenkind      [color=#333333][color=gray]AcElFiCo[/color]PoLi[color=gray]Dk[/color]SoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
       [ of Elvenkind      [color=#333333][color=gray]AcElFiCo[/color]PoLiDkSoShNx[color=gray]Nt[/color]ChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e ( of Protection     [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSo[color=cyan]Sh[/color]NxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e ) of Elvenkind      [/color][color=#333333][color=cyan]AcElFiCo[/color]PoLiDkSoShNxNt[color=cyan]Ch[/color]Di pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     i ) of Thorin         [color=#333333][color=gray]Ac[/color]ElFiCoPoLiDk[color=gray]So[/color]ShNxNt[color=gray]Ch[/color]Di [color=gray]pF[/color]pBpCpS HLRgESSI[color=gray]FA[/color]FtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e ] of Telepathy      [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRg[color=cyan]ES[/color]SIFAFtSD [/color]
       ] of Thengel        [color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpB[color=gray]pC[/color]pS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e ] of Free Action    [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSI[color=cyan]FA[/color]FtSD [/color]
     [color=cyan]e ] of Speed          [/color][color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoShNxNtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFAFtSD [/color]
       ] of Stability      [color=#333333]AcElFiCoPoLiDkSoSh[color=gray]Nx[/color]NtChDi pFpBpCpS HLRgESSIFA[color=gray]Ft[/color]SD [/color]

[/color][/bc]
    ...Of course, I leave the exercise of how you'd actually code something like this for other people to deal with.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nomad
      ...Of course, I leave the exercise of how you'd actually code something like this for other people to deal with.
      *Sigh*

You know I'm going to have to do this now, right? I hope you're happy.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• bio_hazard
        Knight
        • Dec 2008

Awesome! Maybe add a (f)loor category along with (e)quip, (i)nventory, and (h)ome.

Comment

• Nomad
          Knight
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Nick
          *Sigh*

Mwahahahahahaha. My work here is done.

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

That is a bit harder to understand. I actually like having everything in compact form--it's easy to see at a glance, and the colors and symbols give a good enough hint.
            What I thought might be more useful is the inventory and home resistance stuff, so you can see that at a glance, too.
            (Scrollable is almost synonymous with "hard to see at a glance.")

Originally posted by Nomad
            Well, while we're kicking ideas around, how about adding a new page to the knowledge menu that compares the resistances of all items you currently own (whether they're equipped, in the inventory, or in the home) in one long scrollable list, something like this?
            {snip}

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
              Veteran
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nick
              *Sigh*

I'm really, really, sorry, Nick. All I wanted was to know I didn't have to buff a temporary resist when I had an immunity. I didn't mean to open up this whole can of worms.
              “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
              ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Derakon
                Prophet
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                I'm really, really, sorry, Nick. All I wanted was to know I didn't have to buff a temporary resist when I had an immunity. I didn't mean to open up this whole can of worms.
                This entire forum is a can of worms. Every thread gets derailed.

All of them.

Comment

• Carnivean
                  Knight
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                  If you really want to go there, you will want to be able to show 3 levels of resistance
                  With curses aren't there more than 3 levels of resist now?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎