X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werbaer
    Adept
    • Aug 2014

4.0.5 bugs

Randart activation "When activated, it restores 4d8 hit points and neutralizes poison." does not heal.

In the attached save file, the character wields boots 'Larudh' with this activation. The activation cures poison, but doesn't heal damage.
    Attached Files
  • Werbaer
    Adept
    • Aug 2014

Targetting indicator shows wrong grid when targetting floor and moving

In the attached save file: Target the floor 3 spaces south of the player. The yellow rectangle showing the target is not displayed. Move the player south, and the target rectangle appears and moves to the right of the original player location. This is a display bug only; when casting a spell, the correct target is used. (windows version)
    Attached Files

Comment

• calris
      Adept
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Werbaer

In the attached save file: Target the floor 3 spaces south of the player. The yellow rectangle showing the target is not displayed. Move the player south, and the target rectangle appears and moves to the right of the original player location. This is a display bug only; when casting a spell, the correct target is used. (windows version)
      Can confirm Linux x11 - I thought it might be because I run a significantly larger window size (nearly the whole dungeon on one screen)

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Yeah, this one was reported in the 4.0.4 bugs thread too.

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm not planning a 4.0.6 unless some real game breaker pops up, but this will be good in preparation for 4.1.
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Werbaer
          Adept
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nick
          Yeah, this one was reported in the 4.0.4 bugs thread too.
          I loaded this save file in 4.0.4, and the bug isn't there.

Comment

• calris
            Adept
            • Mar 2016

I loaded this save file in 4.0.4, and the bug isn't there.
            I've only noticed it in very recent versions - It's definitely crept (back) in fairly recently

Comment

• spara
              Adept
              • Nov 2014

Not sure where to post this since I'm currently playing the latest master. This happens every time I shoot something using 'h' and that something survives. A part of a rectangle looking a lot like target rectangle appears to the down left side of the screen. Redrawing the screen makes it go away. Demonstrated on the image, that rectangle part is on the bottom line of the window outside the playing area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	target.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	233002

Comment

• debo
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

I doubt these are something one would consider "4.0.5 bugs" but I'm too lazy to open another thread.

I'm having problems playing GCU with roguelike keyset in iTerm in OS X. (I actually don't think the specific terminal emulator would matter much here.) Ctrl-y stops the game, when I would expect it to swing north-west. Ctrl-h does nothing because it is interpreted as backspace, and my backspace key does nothing ever. This isn't a keymap thing because I can't even input Ctrl-y into the keymap editor without suspending the game.

Older variants do this to me on occasion, but it's worse here because ctrl-s doesn't save-without-quitting, and there's no option to save every turn, so an accidental ctrl-y halfway through a level sends me all the way back to the start of that DL. There also used to be a '\' command that let one bypass all the keymaps/macros/etc, and that is also gone?

I'm pretty sure GCU was really good in 3.x, but it didn't sound like anything in the refactor should have affected this so maybe I'm dreaming. Ideas?
                Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Cold_Heart
                  Adept
                  • Mar 2012

Is using a different terminal emulator an option?

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by debo
                    I doubt these are something one would consider "4.0.5 bugs" but I'm too lazy to open another thread.

I'm having problems playing GCU with roguelike keyset in iTerm in OS X. (I actually don't think the specific terminal emulator would matter much here.) Ctrl-y stops the game, when I would expect it to swing north-west. Ctrl-h does nothing because it is interpreted as backspace, and my backspace key does nothing ever. This isn't a keymap thing because I can't even input Ctrl-y into the keymap editor without suspending the game.

Older variants do this to me on occasion, but it's worse here because ctrl-s doesn't save-without-quitting, and there's no option to save every turn, so an accidental ctrl-y halfway through a level sends me all the way back to the start of that DL. There also used to be a '\' command that let one bypass all the keymaps/macros/etc, and that is also gone?

I'm pretty sure GCU was really good in 3.x, but it didn't sound like anything in the refactor should have affected this so maybe I'm dreaming. Ideas?
                    I'm going to ask d_m, who's the gcu expert.
                    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• myshkin
                      Angband Devteam member
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by debo

What method are you using to build GCU on OS X? Can you check whether SIGTSTP is defined? Other than a rename from signals.c to ui-signals.c, I think the code is unchanged.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2007

What's the deal with Grond? "You are too weak to use this weapon" for a STR 18/220 Warrior. I thought it would be fun to give it a try mopping up uniques, but I guess not :/

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎