Nice way to start the day -- !Experience!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bogatyr
    Knight
    • Feb 2014

Nice way to start the day -- !Experience!

After the recent Half-Troll Warrior win I decided to jump back to mages because they're just so awesome. I'm also trying randarts for the first time. Decided to try a human mage for the fast levelling and see how it goes. And upwards around clev19 (which doesn't take all that long to achieve) I get a "superb treasures" feeling, so I exhaustively explore the level, never finding anything of interest, until the very last room which held a !Experience. Went from clev 19 to clev 30 in one fell swoop, from barely into the "d" spellbook to completing it! Also found a OOD rod of Acid Balls which is super great item to get early. Wormtongue dropped a shield of Resistance, so HuShain is off to the races! As always with early mages element resisting uniques are tough if not impossible because MM is just too slow unless you get a nice long hallway or big room to phase around in alot.

Other nice finds are a short bow of Power and a shovel of digging +5.
  • debo
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Time to die!
    Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Jax
      Rookie
      • Jan 2014

i agree with debo. you gon' die.

Comment

• Bogatyr
        Knight
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Jax
        i agree with debo. you gon' die.
        Well statistically speaking, yeah, probably. But I'm gonna die with clev >= 30 :P

Comment

• Monkey Face
          Adept
          • Feb 2009

Time to get experience drain and then die!

Comment

• Bogatyr
            Knight
            • Feb 2014

Y'all just jelly. Now I have to take it really slow and careful and post a smack-down YAWP.

Comment

• Bogatyr
              Knight
              • Feb 2014

haha you guys were 1 hp away from being right. Poisoned by a group of algroths I TP'd away and *took a step* before realizing I was poisoned. 3hp -> 1hp. Luckily had cure crits with me....doh, after playing a warrior I need to stay scared more as a mage again and just never allow melee.

Comment

• Mark
                Adept
                • Oct 2007

You have 100% Saving Throw with a wisdom of 18/130. I figured it would take close to 18/200 for a perfect saving throw. Are there class/racial modifiers affecting this too?

Comment

• Derakon
                  Prophet
                  • Dec 2009

Yes. Priests and mages have the best saving throws in the game. Races apply a minor modifier as well, but the importance is roughly class > WIS score > race. Even with maxed WIS a half-troll warrior will have a not-that-great saving throw.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎