• Show
Clear All
  • chikinn
    Rookie
    • Nov 2014

Bug: inventory displayed improperly after staff of identify fails

Version: 3.5.0
    Reproducibility: always, multiple characters

To reproduce, keep attempting to use a staff of identify until it fails. Then immediately access your inventory. Many entries are missing. Now close the inventory window and access it again. All is well.

I couldn't find any tickets that mention this on trac.rephial.org. Kinda surprised, seems like a big deal.

By the way, someone should really delete the stickied thread on where to post bugs.
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

I think it's actually this one, which will be fixed in 3.5.1.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• chikinn
      Rookie
      • Nov 2014

I saw that, but it seems to be different -- or at least a very different manifestation of the same problem.

I'm talking not about the case when there is nothing to identify, but about the case where using a staff of identify fails (due to a low devices stat or just a bad roll). My bug cannot occur when a scroll of identify is used, for example.

Edit: at any rate, I'll wait to see if it's fixed in 3.5.1.

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Originally posted by chikinn
        I saw that, but it seems to be different -- or at least a very different manifestation of the same problem.

I'm talking not about the case when there is nothing to identify, but about the case where using a staff of identify fails (due to a low devices stat or just a bad roll). My bug cannot occur when a scroll of identify is used, for example.

Edit: at any rate, I'll wait to see if it's fixed in 3.5.1.
        Let's not do that, because there's unlikely to be a 3.5.2

Please could you attach a savefile from which the problem can be reproduced (i.e. correct inventory, low devices skill etc.) to the ticket Nick linked? I can then test it against the 3.5.1 branch and see if it is indeed fixed by the same solution, and if not we can open another bug.
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎