X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zikke
    Veteran
    • Jun 2008

Very minor monster recall issue

Kamul the Black Easterling's monster memory says he does not resist Nether, but when casting a nether bolt at him it says he is immune.
    A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
    A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
    C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

Can you replicate this with a fresh character with no imported monster memory? It may be a bug in inheriting memory across versions of the game. Simplest might be to just turn on the "know full monster memory" cheat with that new character.

Comment

• Zikke
      Veteran
      • Jun 2008

I never play any character with old monster memory; each character starts over with no memory. My new mage that I'm playing right now saw this issue without any previous knowledge (I used a -Probing).

I can roll another character if need be, but it'll take a bit to find Kamul and be able to probe him.
      A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
      A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
      C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

I think it's just a blanket fact that undead are immune to nether, rather than a specific resistance for any individual.
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
          I think it's just a blanket fact that undead are immune to nether, rather than a specific resistance for any individual.
          That's my guess too. I have previously suggested that this code to show what things resist and what not needs a overhaul. Entire resistance-scheme needs a check, they are not all in the info-files. Some of them are hard-coded (like this undeads are immune to nether).

Comment

• fizzix
            Prophet
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
            That's my guess too. I have previously suggested that this code to show what things resist and what not needs a overhaul. Entire resistance-scheme needs a check, they are not all in the info-files. Some of them are hard-coded (like this undeads are immune to nether).
            I don't think that's hardcoded. I think it's in the edit files, but it's in monster-base. I could be wrong though.

What is hard coded is that if you breathe an element you are immune to it, but I think that's a bad system and should probably be changed at some point.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎