X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark
    Adept
    • Oct 2007

Fail message order

I like the fact if I move over an item I don't have room for; the game tells me so in the same line as describing the item.

I don't like trying to activate an item, choosing a direction, and then being told I failed to activate it. (tell me of the fail before asking for any direction)

I don't like being asked to choose which item to drop in my house, and then being told there isn't room. (Assuming a full house, only list items that there are room for (items that can stack with those in home) or tell me there isn't room (if I have no such items) as soon as I hit 'd')

Is the code structured in such a way to change the order of the latter two, or is it too complex / impossible to streamline?
  • MattB
    Veteran
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mark
    I don't like trying to activate an item, choosing a direction, and then being told I failed to activate it. (tell me of the fail before asking for any direction)

I don't like being asked to choose which item to drop in my house, and then being told there isn't room. (Assuming a full house, only list items that there are room for (items that can stack with those in home) or tell me there isn't room (if I have no such items) as soon as I hit 'd')
    plus one for me

Comment

• clouded
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Mark
      I don't like trying to activate an item, choosing a direction, and then being told I failed to activate it.
      You like accidentally moving when you fail to activate something? Imagine this in a situation where you are using a wand of teleport other on a monster that could kill you the next turn. Inconsistant UI like this is really awful.

Comment

• MattB
        Veteran
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by clouded
        You like accidentally moving when you fail to activate something? Imagine this in a situation where you are using a wand of teleport other on a monster that could kill you the next turn. Inconsistant UI like this is really awful.
        Oh...I didn't think of that.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by clouded
          This is the reason why I hate "disarm/open without direction". I end up closing a door, then immediately opening it again.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎