X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvilScoop
    Rookie
    • Feb 2008

Casters and gloves?

Only been playing Angband for about 3 weeks now and love it. When you put gloves on a caster, it says that your hand feel wierd. (or something like that, cant remember exact context) Does this actually affect anything?? Also it seems that there are NO class restrictions for weapons and armor.. is this right??

Thanks to you guys that have been doin this a while

EvilScoop
  • new.ideas
    Rookie
    • Feb 2008

Gloves will reduce your total SP by a third. In addition every lb (weight) of Armor above 30 will cost you 1SP (but the weight of your weapons doesn'T matter).
    I think the fail rate will raise, too, but i don't know that exactly.

Comment

• Seany C
      Swordsman
      • Apr 2007

*Spoilers*

Wearing gloves, etc will reduce your mana significantly (by 33% or 25%?) unless they're gloves (etc) of Agility or Free Action.

Other weapon/armour restrictions: Priests/Paladins using a non-blessed edged weapon will have restrictions on their spellcasting (don't remember which type, though - increased fail rates or decreased mana?). Wearing very heavy armor may reduce spellcaster's mana, although I think your weight limit increases with CL...

Comment

• EvilScoop
        Rookie
        • Feb 2008

Thanks guys!! is there a guide somewhere or just download the spoilers?

Sam

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by EvilScoop
          Thanks guys!! is there a guide somewhere or just download the spoilers?
          There's the user manual wiki. If you're after spoilers, there's Hugo Kornelis' spoiler site.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• will_asher
            DaJAngband Maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Seany C
            *Spoilers*

Wearing gloves, etc will reduce your mana significantly (by 33% or 25%?) unless they're gloves (etc) of Agility or Free Action.

Other weapon/armour restrictions: Priests/Paladins using a non-blessed edged weapon will have restrictions on their spellcasting (don't remember which type, though - increased fail rates or decreased mana?). Wearing very heavy armor may reduce spellcaster's mana, although I think your weight limit increases with CL...
            It's only priests that have the edged weapon penatly, not paladins, and it raises fail rates.

I don't think the weight limit increases with CL, but it's different for each class:
            Mages: 30lb, Priest & Rogue: 35lb, Ranger & Paladin 40lb.
            Will_Asher
            aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
            http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• Mondkalb
              Knight
              • Apr 2007

And Paladins can also wear gloves/gauntlets without spell casting penalty.
              My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡