X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nomad
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

3.5 dev bug: changing font size on Windows

Had some issues with changing the font/tile sizes not updating properly on Windows 7 64-bit. Probably best illustrated by example:

* If I'm in ASCII mode and, say, change the font size from 8x12 to 16x24, the font size increases, but the space that it's displayed in does not - i.e., I get chopped off 16x24 characters crammed into 8x12 tiles. (Conversely, if I make the font size smaller, the letters end up swimming in black space.)

* If I switch the display mode over to one of the tile sets, the tiles appear at 8x12 size and the letters are still truncated. If I then switch back to ASCII, the tile size will update properly and I'll get the font at the correct 16x24.

(ETA: on examination, looks like it's the same in 3.4, so it's not new at least. Guess I only notice when I'm fiddling around with the setup the first time I play.)
    Last edited by Nomad; July 26, 2013, 17:31.
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

What happens if you force a refresh by doing ^R?

Comment

• Nomad
      Knight
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Derakon
      What happens if you force a refresh by doing ^R?
      No effect.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Great, thanks for the report, I've filed a bug (http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1760)
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Go into graphics menu and select friendly sized (or something like that.)

This should be default in ASCII mode.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
            Prophet
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Pete Mack
            Go into graphics menu and select friendly sized (or something like that.)

This should be default in ASCII mode.
            That's the "Enable nice graphics" option I think. I don't see how to play without that enabled...
            PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• alliantdevil
              Rookie
              • Jun 2015

Has there been a way to fix this? I've searched around and not found any sort of conclusion. I am experiencing the same issue (latest angband release on win7 64).

Comment

• Thraalbee
                Knight
                • Sep 2010

On Windows you have to adjust size after changing font. Has been like this for ages.
                1) Choose font through Window / Font / term-0 window / e.g. "12x18x"
                2) Adjust font size through Window / Term 0 Font size / set to "Font"

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎