X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fizzix
    Prophet
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Knight
    One thing that's really screwing me over is how when you identify an item, the letter displayed in the message screen isn't its actual position most of the time, since when you ID an item, you "re-sort your backpack". This means I'd ID a nice scroll or something and then go to read it, but find I read something else instead, because the scroll is not actually at the position the message says. Does that make any sense? It almost killed me once when I read a scroll of deep descent instead of a scroll of satisfy hunger (or something like that) after IDing it.
    This behavior has been around for a long time. I'm not sure what fix is best from a UI perspective. For now, just be careful when you ID something.

Comment

• Knight
      Scout
      • Oct 2011

I already am pretty careful, but it's just annoying.

The fix seems to be pretty simple in my opinion; display the position of the item in the inventory after sorting, not before.

Comment

• myshkin
        Angband Devteam member
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by myshkin
        Originally posted by silsor
        - The letter ü doesn't seem to display in any font, which messes up recall for Nümenorian uniques

- Opening the font selection dialog, then clicking the title bar of the font selection dialog to make it the active window, then clicking any font in the list crashes angband
        I can replicate both of these bugs. I'd normally file bugs in trac and post the links here, but the trac server is currently down. These should both be pretty straightforward fixes.
        The first is #1710 and remains open, as I couldn't actually find a good quick fix. (It seems that OS X's implementation of iswprint() behaves differently from Linux's.) The second is #1709 and is fixed in master. Thanks again for the reports.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by fizzix
          We've released 3.4
          Please post any comments or issues you may have.
          I miss stun resistance which you did get from sound resistance from older versions (plasma and gravity hounds are now double-deadly). I think stun resistance is now a bit too rare, not much but a bit. Random abilities from egos don't cover enough for char that is already using mostly artifacts.

Maybe we should add pStun to a couple artifacts more. I think shields: Thorin (perhaps replace sound resist?), Anarion, Elros, and maybe also headgear: Holhenneth, Morgoth. Perhaps the top artifact rings: Nenya, Vilya, The One (also Narya if we make it a bit less common)?

Comment

• fizzix
            Prophet
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
            I miss stun resistance which you did get from sound resistance from older versions (plasma and gravity hounds are now double-deadly). I think stun resistance is now a bit too rare, not much but a bit. Random abilities from egos don't cover enough for char that is already using mostly artifacts.

Maybe we should add pStun to a couple artifacts more. I think shields: Thorin (perhaps replace sound resist?), Anarion, Elros, and maybe also headgear: Holhenneth, Morgoth. Perhaps the top artifact rings: Nenya, Vilya, The One (also Narya if we make it a bit less common)?
            I'm fine with this. Do you think it might be worth considering adding it to boots of stability also?

Comment

• Derakon
              Prophet
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by fizzix
              I'm fine with this. Do you think it might be worth considering adding it to boots of stability also?
              Sounds fine. Maybe also Gloves of Free Action, since they otherwise tend to obsolete quickly.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                Prophet
                • Apr 2008

Ego boots have always been a problem... You have three extremely weak and quickly useless egos (slow descent, stealth, free action), and two extremely powerful, but rare ones (speed, elvenkind)... and nothing in the middle except stability, which is fine as it is. What would be a good solution is to remove the pointless "slow descent" ego and replace it with an ego granting protection from stunning, with a medium rarity (free action and stability have commonness of 16, speed is 2... so somewhere between 10 and 12).
                PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                  Ego boots have always been a problem... You have three extremely weak and quickly useless egos (slow descent, stealth, free action), and two extremely powerful, but rare ones (speed, elvenkind)... and nothing in the middle except stability, which is fine as it is. What would be a good solution is to remove the pointless "slow descent" ego and replace it with an ego granting protection from stunning, with a medium rarity (free action and stability have commonness of 16, speed is 2... so somewhere between 10 and 12).
                  Boots to prevent stumbling would be good, but stunning feels a bit weird. A bit out of place. One reason why stunning is currently offered as standard only in headgear is because headgear protects your head. Of course you can get quite stunned if someone kicks you into nuts, so maybe "stunned by pain" could be prevented by any protective gear.

Comment

• MattB
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2013

pStun ego boots

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                    Boots to prevent stumbling would be good, but stunning feels a bit weird. A bit out of place. One reason why stunning is currently offered as standard only in headgear is because headgear protects your head. Of course you can get quite stunned if someone kicks you into nuts, so maybe "stunned by pain" could be prevented by any protective gear.
                    How about the following ego item...

An Iron Shod Codpiece of Confidence [6, +4]:

A set of metal greaves that extends up to the crotch, leaving you safe in the knowledge that no enemy can disable you with a swift knee in the fork.

Provides resistance to stunning.
                    Can be harmed by acid.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡