X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by silsor
    OK, I tried doing that, but n is not recognized as a valid command. (Binding ' to R works, binding it to n produces "Type '?' for help".)
    As myshkin said, try binding it to ctrl-v.
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• silsor
      Rookie
      • Oct 2012

Binding to ^v works great. I think I've found a couple bugs in the Cocoa port, should I start a new thread?

- The letter ü doesn't seem to display in any font, which messes up recall for Nümenorian uniques

- Opening the font selection dialog, then clicking the title bar of the font selection dialog to make it the active window, then clicking any font in the list crashes angband

Comment

• myshkin
        Angband Devteam member
        • Apr 2007

Binding to ^v works great. I think I've found a couple bugs in the Cocoa port, should I start a new thread?
        Here is fine. Thanks for the reports.

- The letter ü doesn't seem to display in any font, which messes up recall for Nümenorian uniques

- Opening the font selection dialog, then clicking the title bar of the font selection dialog to make it the active window, then clicking any font in the list crashes angband
        I can replicate both of these bugs. I'd normally file bugs in trac and post the links here, but the trac server is currently down. These should both be pretty straightforward fixes.

Comment

• silsor
          Rookie
          • Oct 2012

It's not just that letter, actually. Oddly, it seems that characters with special accents will appear in the monster's name, but not in the recall description. Example:

Eöl, the Dark Elf ('h') [(r)ecall, ESC]
          A lord of the Teleri, E l is a mighty metalsmith...

Comment

• Mikko Lehtinen
            Veteran
            • Sep 2010

The download page here on oook still has 3.3.0 as the latest version.

Comment

• fizzix
              Prophet
              • Aug 2009

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm unsure if I can edit this. (pmed pav)

Comment

• caruso
                Adept
                • May 2011

Ranged attacks and detection flash not displayed

If the PC or an NPC uses a projectile, breath weapon, cloud spell or detection spell while in ASCII mode, the action is not displayed. You do get a message about the result of the event, however. I'm on Vista, and had the same issue in Angband 3.4 and Quickband 2.0.2 - 2.0.4, I think. IIRC it got fixed in Quickband 2.0.5 . Is this issue perhaps related to the blank wall Vista bug?

Comment

• Derakon
                  Prophet
                  • Dec 2009

You sure you don't just have a display delay of 0? You can set the delay from the options screen; it should really default to at least 10ms...sigh.

Comment

• fizzix
                    Prophet
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by caruso
                    If the PC or an NPC uses a projectile, breath weapon, cloud spell or detection spell while in ASCII mode, the action is not displayed. You do get a message about the result of the event, however. I'm on Vista, and had the same issue in Angband 3.4 and Quickband 2.0.2 - 2.0.4, I think. IIRC it got fixed in Quickband 2.0.5 . Is this issue perhaps related to the blank wall Vista bug?
                    you need to set the base display to something other than 0. (look in the = menu) This should probably be default.

If you still find this problematic let us know and we can dig further.

Comment

• caruso
                      Adept
                      • May 2011

The movement delay was indeed set to 0, but by now I've reached a movement delay of 100 and I still can't see the arrows my character is firing...

Comment

• Mikko Lehtinen
                        Veteran
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by fizzix
                        you need to set the base display to something other than 0. (look in the = menu) This should probably be default.
                        Yes it should. Where do you set the default delay factor in the code? I was trying to do it in Mist but I couldn't find where.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by caruso
                          The movement delay was indeed set to 0, but by now I've reached a movement delay of 100 and I still can't see the arrows my character is firing...
                          That's base delay, not movement delay. Movement delay is the delay between pressing an arrow key and moving; it allows diagonal movement by pressing two arrow keys.
                          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• caruso
                            Adept
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by Nick
                            That's base delay, not movement delay. Movement delay is the delay between pressing an arrow key and moving; it allows diagonal movement by pressing two arrow keys.
                            Oops! Okay, setting it to 10 has solved the issue. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• Antoine
                              Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fizzix
                              It really should. I set it to a nonzero default in the latest Quickband.

A.
                              Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/

Comment

• Knight
                                Scout
                                • Oct 2011

One thing that's really screwing me over is how when you identify an item, the letter displayed in the message screen isn't its actual position most of the time, since when you ID an item, you "re-sort your backpack". This means I'd ID a nice scroll or something and then go to read it, but find I read something else instead, because the scroll is not actually at the position the message says. Does that make any sense? It almost killed me once when I read a scroll of deep descent instead of a scroll of satisfy hunger (or something like that) after IDing it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎