X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LostTemplar
    Knight
    • Aug 2009

because, Ironman
    Well, yes. I strongly disagree with common opinion, that some limits, that really never matter (like food or fuel) should be removed. IMHO these limits should be made much more tight, so e.g. 10% characters dies from starvation or light out. It will be fun.

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by LostTemplar
      Well, yes. I strongly disagree with common opinion, that some limits, that really never matter (like food or fuel) should be removed. IMHO these limits should be made much more tight, so e.g. 10% characters dies from starvation or light out. It will be fun.
      Doing this requires separating the player from the town in some way, since it would be absurd for the town to not sell food or light -- what happens to the hapless level-1 character spawned in a town with no torches? Probably the simplest approach would be to have Word of Recall not be sold by the town, but have there always be a portal in town down to the player's recall depth. Thus each dive into the dungeon becomes a mini-Ironman session until a scroll can be found. Of course, the player is liable to stock up in town when they can, but then they have that much more to carry with them in the dungeon, increasing inventory constraints. All part of the game.

I know we had a discussion about getting rid of Word of Recall altogether in favor of the dungeon occasionally having a portal back to town; this would be similar since theoretically Word of Recall would be too rare to use recklessly.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
        Doing this requires separating the player from the town in some way, since it would be absurd for the town to not sell food or light
        Like running out of lite and finding oneself unable to read WoR? Or getting that WoR burned and not notice it before it's too late?

Possibility is there. Rare, but has happened to me couple of times, so it is not unheard of. Hunger and lack of light can kill, it's just one more way to kill character and rather important aspect of the game IMO. If something these things should be expanded, not reduced.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎