X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eldritch
    Rookie
    • Aug 2008

macros in modern angband?

ok I've been trying to play again and things seem pretty fine except I cant find any "interact with macros" option, are there only keybinds now? how do I make an auto shoot keybind that behaves properly? why cant I find any information about this, where am I not looking?

also: since this is a forum and every forum I've ever seen is populated by cunts to read every thread only to tell people to google stuff when they ask questions, yes I did try that. no you are not helping.
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Don't worry, I'm sure your initial friendly attitude will smooth the way

Basically there are only keymaps now. I'm pretty sure there is an answer to getting a well-behaved shooting keymap, but I don't know it; I'm sure someone else will jump in.

If you can't find the info, it's probably because the help is a bit out of date. So if you do find the answer, the community-minded thing to do would be submit an update to the help...
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Eldritch
      Rookie
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Nick
      Don't worry, I'm sure your initial friendly attitude will smooth the way

Basically there are only keymaps now. I'm pretty sure there is an answer to getting a well-behaved shooting keymap, but I don't know it; I'm sure someone else will jump in.

If you can't find the info, it's probably because the help is a bit out of date. So if you do find the answer, the community-minded thing to do would be submit an update to the help...
      how long ago was this changed? and why cant I find any documentation or even comments about it, a change log anything? at least I know to start mucking with keymaps now.

EDIT: oh actually this replay was supposed to be to thank you.

Comment

• myshkin
        Angband Devteam member
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Eldritch
        how long ago was this changed? and why cant I find any documentation or even comments about it, a change log anything? at least I know to start mucking with keymaps now.

EDIT: oh actually this replay was supposed to be to thank you.
        Macros went away with the 3.3.0 release, on July 31, 2011, as noted in the release notes and game docs. The latter also have some discussion of keymaps, although we certainly would like to make keymaps easier to understand and modify.

What are you trying to accomplish with your keymap? Does the "fire default ammo at nearest" command (h or TAB) help?

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

If you have the "use current target by default" option set, then inscribe some ammo with "@f0", and use this keymap to shoot at the nearest target:

*tf0

Same as it's worked for ages. Functionally the only difference between macros and keymaps is that keymaps only kick in when there are no messages pending, and thus can't be used to clear -more- messages. But there's an option to do that for you automatically.

Incidentally, while I'll freely grant that there are lots of unpleasant forums out there, I'd appreciate being given the benefit of the doubt before being called a cunt.

Comment

• buzzkill
            Prophet
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Derakon
            Incidentally, while I'll freely grant that there are lots of unpleasant forums out there, I'd appreciate being given the benefit of the doubt before being called a cunt.
            Seconded. I think you'll find that if you stick around beyond your initial two posts, this is like no other public forum you've ever experienced.
            www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
            My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍