X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strangeintp
    Rookie
    • Jan 2008

Angband 3.0.9 under Linux (graphics?)

Greetings all, I'm a newb too this community and a relative newb to Angband. I've been playing the graphical version under windows, and want to run it under Ubuntu 7.10. Is the graphical version supported under Linux?

I successfully compiled and run it in text mode, but anytime I try to run it in graphics mode, I get the following error:

PHP Code:
    angband -mx11-d-g
    angband
    Unable to prepare any 'display module'
    I ran ./configure enabling x11, sdl, and gtk. The only problem I can see is that I got warnings when make compiled the c files, like so (basically for each c file):
    PHP Code:
    CC     birth.c             
    In file included from angband
    .h:17,

from birth.c:11:
    h-basic.h:132:1warning"_GNU_SOURCE" redefined
    <command line>:1:1warningthis is the location of the previous definition 
    Has anybody successfully compiled and run 3.0.9 in graphics mode under Linux, or give me any help what might be going wrong? Thanks!
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by strangeintp
    I successfully compiled and run it in text mode, but anytime I try to run it in graphics mode, I get the following error:

PHP Code:
    angband -mx11-d-g
    angband
    Unable to prepare any 'display module'
    I think the -d option is your problem; it asks for an alternate path for auxiliary files, which isn't what you want. Try angband -mx11 -g. If you want different graphics options, then things like angband -mx11 -g -- -b will give bigtile, and so on. Do angband -h to get the full list.

I ran ./configure enabling x11, sdl, and gtk. The only problem I can see is that I got warnings when make compiled the c files
    These seem to me unlikely to be a problem. Unless I'm wrong.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• strangeintp
      Rookie
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Nick
      I think the -d option is your problem; it asks for an alternate path for auxiliary files, which isn't what you want. Try angband -mx11 -g. If you want different graphics options, then things like angband -mx11 -g -- -b will give bigtile, and so on. Do angband -h to get the full list.

These seem to me unlikely to be a problem. Unless I'm wrong.
      I actually tried all manner of option combinations (including the one you suggested), and they gave me the same error. Thanks though

Comment

• strangeintp
        Rookie
        • Jan 2008

ok, I think maybe I was using the option designators wrong, but I'm still not getting it to work. When I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -a" I get ASCII tiles, and if I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -g" I get a black view where the map should be (yes, the *32*.bmp files are in the /graf/ directory). Am I still messing up the options somehow?

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by strangeintp
          ok, I think maybe I was using the option designators wrong, but I'm still not getting it to work. When I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -a" I get ASCII tiles, and if I use "angband -g -mx11 -- -d -g" I get a black view where the map should be (yes, the *32*.bmp files are in the /graf/ directory). Am I still messing up the options somehow?
          These work fine for me. The only difference I can see is that I haven't installed - I just copied the binary into my top level angband directory.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎