X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gglibertine
    Adept
    • Dec 2007

Does regeneration "stack"?

So I've got an artifact that gives me regeneration, and I'm already wearing an amulet of regeneration. Will wearing both make me regenerate faster, or am I just wasting a slot now?
  • zaimoni
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Regeneration does not stack in V. I do find it useful enough to expend home slots on, however (store the amulet if the artifact makes sense to use).
    Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
    Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
    Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• Moving Pictures
      Adept
      • Mar 2018

But does regen from a device stack with half-troll natural regen?

Comment

• Derakon
        Prophet
        • Dec 2009

No. The only stacking effects in the game either explicitly have numbers attached to them (like +STR, +speed, etc.), or are permanent + temporary resistances. Otherwise effects are binary: you have them or you don't.

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Not in V, though yes, in certain variants. Of course, this means more hunger, too.

Comment

• Thraalbee
            Knight
            • Sep 2010

How does impair hit recovery stack with regen? E.g. =openWounds & =regen. And then after adding "regen on top of that

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Thraalbee
              How does impair hit recovery stack with regen? E.g. =openWounds & =regen. And then after adding "regen on top of that
              If you have one or more sources of regen, regeneration is doubled; if you have any one or more sources of impair hit recovery, regeneration is halved. So both your cases above give standard regeneration.
              One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
              In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎