X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nomad
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

[3.3.0] Bug: purple uniques invisible in tile mode

If you play in tile mode with the "Color: Show unique monsters in purple" option switched on, all the uniques appear as empty black squares.
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Nomad
    If you play in tile mode with the "Color: Show unique monsters in purple" option switched on, all the uniques appear as empty black squares.
    Weird - this didn't happen in 3.2.0, right? So it's somehow been affected by something else. Added to #1491, since it may be related.
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Nomad
      Knight
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Magnate
      Weird - this didn't happen in 3.2.0, right? So it's somehow been affected by something else. Added to #1491, since it may be related.
      Huh... upon checking, it turns out it does happen in 3.2, but weirdly, there it's only a problem in actual gameplay, not when you're looking at the tile graphics through the monster knowledge menu. (As opposed to 3.3, where the setting makes uniques appear as blank squares in both gameplay and knowledge menu.)

EDIT: upon further checking and looking at the ASCII version, that seems to be because the knowledge menu didn't respect the purple uniques in 3.2 but that's been fixed for 3.3.

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Huh... upon checking, it turns out it does happen in 3.2, but weirdly, there it's only a problem in actual gameplay, not when you're looking at the tile graphics through the monster knowledge menu. (As opposed to 3.3, where the setting makes uniques appear as blank squares in both gameplay and knowledge menu.)

EDIT: upon further checking and looking at the ASCII version, that seems to be because the knowledge menu didn't respect the purple uniques in 3.2 but that's been fixed for 3.3.
        Oh dear - it's a bit disappointing that so few people played 3.2.0 that this didn't get noticed! But yes, you're right about the knowledge menu being "fixed" for 3.3 ....
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Nomad
          Knight
          • Sep 2010

Oh dear - it's a bit disappointing that so few people played 3.2.0 that this didn't get noticed! But yes, you're right about the knowledge menu being "fixed" for 3.3 ....
          Well, I think it's probably just that tiles-only players would have had no reason to set the purple uniques option in the first place. It's the sort of thing that only comes up when you load a competition savefile that has different options to the ones you normally use.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Well, I think it's probably just that tiles-only players would have had no reason to set the purple uniques option in the first place. It's the sort of thing that only comes up when you load a competition savefile that has different options to the ones you normally use.
            And rest of the crowd probably are happy with non-purple uniques. IMO purple uniques just adds confusion about what you are fighting, so I'm not surprised if it isn't popular option.

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
              Swordsman
              • Nov 2008

If it's any consolation I noticed this but didn't comment on it since it is easy to fix by turning off purple uniques.
              My first winner: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=10138

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍