X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thapper
    Adept
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Estie
    Alas, it doesnt for me, which is weird since it looks exactly like your problem.
    Adjusted font-win.prf, replacing 127s with 1s. Started new character. Walls all black.
    Weird, I was going to suggest that you took a look in lib\user for .prf files that you might have created that would load after font-win.prf but if you created a new character that shouldn't be the problem...

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by thapper
      Weird, I was going to suggest that you took a look in lib\user for .prf files that you might have created that would load after font-win.prf but if you created a new character that shouldn't be the problem...
      Unless they are class names or character has same name as previous one.

Comment

• kaypy
        Swordsman
        • May 2009

BTW, these days you can update the feature graphics in-game under the knowledge menu. (I had a patch land a while ago) Then you just need to save the modifications from the options screen.

Comment

• Estie
          Veteran
          • Apr 2008

Changing the win pref file works fine, assuming you do it in the 3.3.0 angband folder and not the 3.2.0 one. Thanks everyone.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Estie
            Changing the win pref file works fine, assuming you do it in the 3.3.0 angband folder and not the 3.2.0 one. Thanks everyone.
            :-D. these things happen....

Comment

• bio_hazard
              Knight
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by myshkin
              I did a slow, but not terribly detailed pass through the help files while updating qwerty's LaTeX source to match the help files. I undoubtedly missed things, though. I'd greatly appreciate anyone else's looking through the help files and/or the manual for inaccuracies. As Magnate said, we hope to have just one set of source files for documentation by 3.4.

I've built a 3.3.0 OSX dmg; it should be on rephial as soon as someone with access uploads it.
              Thanks! There are at least a few of us OSX-ers out here.

Comment

• myshkin
                Angband Devteam member
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bio_hazard
                Thanks! There are at least a few of us OSX-ers out here.
                I know. Now, if someone with real OSX programming knowledge were to come along, the port might be in somewhat better shape. There are still a few places where the code needs cleaning, and I have a suspicion that, since I built it on 10.6 Intel, people with 10.4 PPC machines will still have problems running it. I would love to hear positive or negative reports about that.

Comment

• dos350
                  Knight
                  • Sep 2010

WOW~!~~ omg legit,, i hope this is good, , ill try and maybe post wat im thinking later!

ty 4 the effort , plz no rage in future~
                  ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• bio_hazard
                    Knight
                    • Dec 2008

I know. Now, if someone with real OSX programming knowledge were to come along, the port might be in somewhat better shape. There are still a few places where the code needs cleaning, and I have a suspicion that, since I built it on 10.6 Intel, people with 10.4 PPC machines will still have problems running it. I would love to hear positive or negative reports about that.
                    I should be able to try it on a 10.4 Intel- I'll have to see if my old PPC powerbook still works. Is there anything in particular that you expect to be problematic?

Comment

• myshkin
                      Angband Devteam member
                      • Apr 2007

I should be able to try it on a 10.4 Intel- I'll have to see if my old PPC powerbook still works. Is there anything in particular that you expect to be problematic?
                      It will probably crash at startup. That's what other people were seeing, at least. If you have XCode installed, I would happily accept a build from source of 3.3.0, especially on a 10.4 PPC. That *should* run everywhere. I have yet to discern the compiler flags or other modifications that permit me to make a similar build on a >10.5 Intel machine.

Comment

• bio_hazard
                        Knight
                        • Dec 2008

It will probably crash at startup. That's what other people were seeing, at least. If you have XCode installed, I would happily accept a build from source of 3.3.0, especially on a 10.4 PPC. That *should* run everywhere. I have yet to discern the compiler flags or other modifications that permit me to make a similar build on a >10.5 Intel machine.
                        I should be able to check it out tomorrow, and see if my older laptop still boots. I'll need some serious hand-holding though, I probably have xcode but I haven't done much of anything with it besides an aborted attempt at some applescript a long long time ago.

Comment

• myshkin
                          Angband Devteam member
                          • Apr 2007

I should be able to check it out tomorrow, and see if my older laptop still boots. I'll need some serious hand-holding though, I probably have xcode but I haven't done much of anything with it besides an aborted attempt at some applescript a long long time ago.
                          It should be pretty straightforward.
                          • Download the source
                          • Open Terminal.app
                          • cd to the directory containing the source tarball
                          • Run tar xzpf angband-v3.3.0.tar.gz
                          • Run cd angband-v3.3.0/src
                          • Run make -f Makefile.osx

The app bundle should then be in your parent directory, if all went well.

Comment

• Tibarius
                            Swordsman
                            • Jun 2011

inline help

Originally posted by fph
                            do we need a plain-old-ASCII inline help where there's a professionally formatted PDF sitting around in the same directory?
                            I prefer an inline help. Opening PDF means, acrobat application starts up, another window where i need to use the mouse. Too much hazzle, compared to a simple inline help.

I do agree that keeping two help sources up-to-date is a pain tho.

Cheers,
                            Tibarius
                            Blondes are more fun!

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                              Prophet
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tibarius
                              I prefer an inline help. Opening PDF means, acrobat application starts up, another window where i need to use the mouse. Too much hazzle, compared to a simple inline help.

I do agree that keeping two help sources up-to-date is a pain tho.

Cheers,
                              Tibarius
                              If I would need to choose between the two, I would choose inline help.

Comment

• buzzkill
                                Prophet
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                                If I would need to choose between the two, I would choose inline help.
                                You can't search inline help. You pretty much have to know what your looking for in order to find it. That's great if you already know the game, not so good for the nubes.
                                www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                                My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍