Yacd Rogue looking for any general advice.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

Probing all but completes your monster memory for each monster probed.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Imp

Progressing nicely. Stealth at 22 when skulking with gondricam on, probably don't 'need' it but the regen is nice to have for healing up after a fight and nobody ever died from being too sneaky. Just found crisdurian which I was thinking should replace til-i-arc as my bread and butter fight weapon?
      I think Til-i-Arc is still better overall weapon because that +2 speed, INT and STR-bonus (allowing you to carry more stuff) and double-brand.

BTW, you are slowed quite a bit. Your char has +22 speed, but your actual speed is +11. That's -11 from carrying too much stuff. RoSTR maybe in place of that slaying ring? Drop things you don't use at home. Or are you gorged or slowed just now?

Originally posted by Imp
      It would let me toss haradekket also since it covers undead duty.
      Haradekket is +2 blows weapon with decent dice and nice slays. Don't toss it quite yet. With damage rings you might find out that it is better than Crisdurian or Til-i-Arc. You just don't have much off-weapon combat bonuses yet.

Originally posted by Imp
      I assume I should still keep lugging calris for the disenchant and slightly better dragon mashing when the aggravate isn't an issue.
      Yes. Calris is endgame-quality weapon. Keep it. It becomes handy when you go dragon hunting.

Originally posted by Imp
      Any thoughts on that fury lance I'm sitting on? It's got potential but it really needs a brand ring to push it past stuff I'm using now and the aggravate really seems like a burden I'm unlikely to feel safe with soon, toss it or hold on to it for later?
      +1 one is not worth keeping. +2 big-dice ones are (MoD, BoC, SoS).

Originally posted by Imp
      Is the disenchant protection from calris binary or is there still a chance for it to hit?
      Yes, binary. Disenchantment breath still hurts, but your gear is protected.

Originally posted by Imp
      Having only played warriors and not very well at that the rogue seems pretty broken. Being able to detect and plan what I engage and how along with having the ability to haste self, boost resists etc. really helps survivability.
      Rogue survivability is better than warrior in mid-game, but in end-game warriors have an edge. They do there a lot better job than rogues.

Your main concern now is low CON. I could consider combo Thror + AoMagi except that it drops your speed five points to get just +3 CON. No deal. You need more CON. Find a RoCON and use it instead of that practically useless slaying ring (that RoDam you have at home is better than that so even if you don't find RoCON use that in place of that slaying ring).

hmmm...
      611634 1950' 31 Killed Kavlax the Many-Headed

I see you have killed the scariest beast of the dungeon already. Killing Kavlax is like playing russian roulette. If it decides to use one of the nastier breaths first, you are in trouble. If not it is easy to kill. OTOH with your HP and speed that wasn't instant death-risk.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎