Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

Eddie: I like the curHP mechanic. It helps differentiate breaths from spells. If you assume that breaths come from the monster's biology while spells come from their mind/spirit, then you can easily rationalize that a badly-hurt monster would have trouble outputting serious breath damage, but wouldn't have as much trouble casting strong spells. I guess the analog for spells would be to give them a failure rate that increases as the monster gets damaged, but that's not really needed.

Comment

• Tregonsee
      Adept
      • Jan 2011

But my original question applies to what is already in the monster descriptions, which I believe is only spells, there is no numbers there about monster breaths. I would prefer that spells get fixed first, then breath.

Comment

• Tiburon Silverflame
        Swordsman
        • Feb 2010

Breaths have damage caps. Spells don't. Spells vary with mlevel, type, and randomness way more than breaths.
        But we're talking about monster description, so monster level's known. Type's known. The randomness might be higher, but report the max...even if it's wildly unlikely you'll ever see it.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tiburon Silverflame
          But we're talking about monster description, so monster level's known. Type's known. The randomness might be higher, but report the max...even if it's wildly unlikely you'll ever see it.
          Ok, I agree that pessimistic estimation is better than getting surprised by lucky shot.

Maybe add text "up to" in the spell/breath description.

Or maybe give "average/max".

Comment

• Tregonsee
            Adept
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Tiburon Silverflame
            And I believe the color coding correlates to resistances, at least where that's possible.

Hey, Tregonsee, I hear there's a cache of thionite on DL 19....
            I did not see this post before- I will send my 'turtle' after it...

I wonder what thionite would do with my stats, I sure would like a sense of perception...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎