X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scud
    Swordsman
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
    If you have the methods of healing and getting rid of too difficult summons, you definitely have gear to do that. Good luck.
    Killed him. Killed him dead.

Cost me 16 Heals, 4 *Heals* and one Banishment, which was small change from what I had. Does anyone want my 8 Lifes? The Banishment got rid of the greater demons and left me surrounded by about 20 regular Dreads, which was nice.

Went with Ringil, Feanor and RoS+15, and had a base speed of +43 despite being 120lbs overweight. Only gaps were shards and nether.

The beasts that hurt me on the way down were the only aether hounds I'd encountered in the entire game, across a crowded room, and a few shard-breathing Wyrms.

Out of interest, how many uniques are there? I killed 97, every one I encountered, but I presume there are 99/100?

Comment

• Ycombinator
      Adept
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by scud
      Out of interest, how many uniques are there? I killed 97, every one I encountered, but I presume there are 99/100?
      That's it, there are 97 of them including Morgoth and Sauron.

Comment

• d_m
        Angband Devteam member
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by scud
        According to my "angrep" script, there are 97 creatures with the UNIQUE flag currently. So looks like you got them all!
        linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
          To fill out the cosmic features, he should breathe Time and possibly Inertia too...
          Celestial Great Wyrm breathes a black hole, you are hit by intense gravity, suffer from inertia, get blinded by brightness of accretion disc, your eyes can't adjust to the redshift causing total blackness and time starts to act weird after passing event horizon. (paralyzed, crushed, ripped apart, rest in (very tiny) pieces)

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Antoine
            Not anymore
            Forgot about restore item which as concept is broken IMO. So I guess disenchantment goes to the "totally useless resists" -category with nether, only even less useful than Nether.

Comment

• Derakon
              Prophet
              • Dec 2009

On that note, we could simply make Restore Item act as an Enchant Foo scroll that always works until the item reaches its original enchantment levels. Thus for each disenchantment effect that hits an item, you'd need 1-2 scrolls to fix the damage.

Comment

• PowerDiver
                Prophet
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Derakon
                On that note, we could simply make Restore Item act as an Enchant Foo scroll that always works until the item reaches its original enchantment levels. Thus for each disenchantment effect that hits an item, you'd need 1-2 scrolls to fix the damage.
                I'm currently playing with

acid attack reduces base ac and leaves magical plusses unchanged
                restore item restores base ac

For fire damage to hafted weapons, I change the sides on the dice. That makes little sense, but damage effects when you singe the haft of a battleaxe make even less sense to me so I don't worry about it.

Comment

• Antoine
                  Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                  Celestial Great Wyrm breathes a black hole, you are hit by intense gravity, suffer from inertia, get blinded by brightness of accretion disc, your eyes can't adjust to the redshift causing total blackness and time starts to act weird after passing event horizon. (paralyzed, crushed, ripped apart, rest in (very tiny) pieces)
                  Yeah! Go team CGW

A.
                  Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/

Comment

• Pete Mack
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Antoine
                    Yeah! Go team CGW
                    Code:
                    N:521:Great Celestial Wyrm
                    G:D:P
                    I:125:4400:40:170:100
                    W:85:3:0:40000
                    B:CLAW:BLIND:6d12
                    B:CLAW:UN_POWER:6d12
                    B:BITE:HURT:8d14
                    B:CRUSH:SHATTER:10d14
                    F:DRAGON | EVIL | SMART | POWERFUL | ATTR_FLICKER
                    F:DROP_4 | DROP_GOOD | ONLY_ITEM
                    F:BASH_DOOR | MOVE_BODY | INVIS
                    F:IM_COLD | IM_FIRE | IM_ELEC | RES_DISE | NO_CONF | NO_SLEEP
                    F:FORCE_SLEEP
                    S:1_IN_3
                    S: TELE_TO
                    S:BR_CHAO | BR_DARK | BR_LIGHT | BR_GRAVITY | BR_TIME | BR_INERTIA
                    S: S_HI_DRAGON | S_ANGEL
                    D:A massive dragon, one of the mightiest of dragonkind.  A strange, flickering aura
                    D:surrounds it, as the space-time continuum warps in its presence.

Comment

• d_m
                      Angband Devteam member
                      • Aug 2008

[CODE]N:521:Great Celestial Wyrm
                      People will be cursing your name, Pete
                      linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• Derakon
                        Prophet
                        • Dec 2009

That might just be more dangerous than the infamous Great Wyrm of Power, since it doesn't have a bunch of junk cluttering up its spell/breath list. Nice.

Comment

• Philip
                          Knight
                          • Jul 2009

I think this is too strong for the reward, which isn't bad, but please give them passwall, they're weak as of yet. Also, it is stronger than Power because it has 3 unresistable breaths, while Power was everything you can resist. How about cluttering with fire breath, which is also deadly if you are not carefull. Fire is angelic after all. Or maybe cold as well. And take away that silly chaos breath, it's not right for a holy being. I assume that's what we want it to be. IDEA ALERT: How about making Manwe or one of the other Valar appear in the dungeon(maybe Tulkas) and have summon holy dragons(celestial+law) as a spell, with a few others. He would be the final Angel unique. You must defeat him in combat to gain your way to Morgoth. Even replace for Sauron would be possible. Who here wants it in a variant? I will not code it. Famous words of future maintainers, sure, but I am not capable of understanding any simple code, let alone change complicated code. It's mostly edit file changes though, so cosmetic.

Comment

• Ycombinator
                            Adept
                            • Apr 2010

Code:
                            N:521:Great Celestial Wyrm
                            So… +30 speed with haste, rLite + rDark + rSound + rChaos, reliable escape, decent damage output vs. dragons, and a few potions of Life/spell of restoration in case of unlucky time breath. A bit too much for a non-unique monster without special reward, but nothing end-game @ can't handle. Now, if you can get Celestial DSM with appropriate resists by killing it…
                            I think making it non-hostile (unless attacked) would be appropriate. It's too large, mighty and out of this world to notice you. But I guess it's impossible in current V.

Comment

• Philip
                              Knight
                              • Jul 2009

Ycombinator, I think excellent drop would be enough. The DSM would be useless, because the evil stuff is unresistable, and if it provided unresistable resists it would be overpowered. Excellent should be enough, provided that it's the only one. This is what NPP did to the Grand Master Mystic, so why not for the Great Celestial Wyrm. As I said, Chaos might not be a good option for a breath, because it also has summon angel, which I imagine to be *good* and not chaotic, so what about Sound and Shard. Also maybe give Passwall and move to dlevel 97 or such.

Comment

• fyonn
                                Adept
                                • Jul 2007

do we even have excellent drops any more?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎