Different character class, different game.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fendell Orcbane
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2010

Different character class, different game.

So after I won with a mage I wanted to try something different than either a mage or a ranger which I used for my first win. So I picked a warrior. Totally different game. I've managed to make it to the 41lvl without dying once. Even recalling to a room full of vibration hounds didn't kill me. I thought that not having spells would be just horrible. Especially since I always detect before I make a move on a lvl. I might map first if I can though. However using a staff of detect evil has been rather helpful,plus all the utility rods that I would have sold if I were a ranger or mage : ) I might have a winner on my hands. If I can just be careful I can get all the way to lvl98 without stopping...especially since I have ESP and a wand of TO.

If any of you vets have any input on what a warrior needs to win please let me know.
  • Timo Pietilä
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Fendell Orcbane
    If any of you vets have any input on what a warrior needs to win please let me know.
    Speed, HP, very good melee-weapon.

For final fight healings and methods of getting rid of summons. Lots of phase door and CCW help.

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Warriors are no slouches with ranged weapons either; IIRC they're second behind rangers (but of course don't get the ranger's extra shots). But yeah, speed, telepathy, powerful melee, and plenty of healing should see you through the final fight. Rods of teleport other and a few scrolls of Destruction will seal the deal.

Comment

• ewert
        Knight
        • Jul 2009

Good weapon, unfortunately the hits formula is silly so you can only get 6 hits with BoC of the top 3 weapon types, so if you don't find a nice artifact weapon (stand or randarts?) farm for a BoC of slay evil at the end. You can use any BoC with a ring of acid of course for Sauron.

Loooots of phase door, looooots of CCW, preferably 5+ rods of teleO, and a few scrolls of *destr*, and a few big heal potions just in case. 4 staves of *destr* and recharge scrolls also work if you haven't found many scrolls. Also Runes can be really helpful. Ranged is optional but can be quite powerful, not sure if I would do it at all if you have a good melee weapon though due to being vulnerable to spells and in risky position to phase door if you are hit. Then berserk, heroism, holy prayer(type) scrolls and of course speed potions, though even a couple of rods of speed will really help with potion of speed needs.

Remember there is no need to destroy or banish most monsters, only if you get a reallllly tough summon. Most summons can be dealt with teleporting first M away, then the most dangerous ones from the rest and just kill the lesser ones. If you fight in a destruct zone as you should, that is usually safe to do.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

If you go with staves of destruction, remember to fully-discharge them before Morgoth returns, or he'll drain the charges to heal himself. The point of carrying 4 is to reduce (eliminate?) the chance of Recharge blowing them up.

Assuming you have enough destruct charges (of whatever form), I prefer to teleport Morgoth away and then destruct the area, mostly because if there's a sufficient threat that I think it's worth teleporting Morgoth away, then usually further teleport-aways can't reduce the danger from the summons quickly enough (e.g. summoned Ancalagon and his party boys -- I can get Ancalagon with a TO, but his buddies might still all decide to breathe).

Comment

• Fendell Orcbane
            Swordsman
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Derakon
            If you go with staves of destruction, remember to fully-discharge them before Morgoth returns, or he'll drain the charges to heal himself. The point of carrying 4 is to reduce (eliminate?) the chance of Recharge blowing them up.

Assuming you have enough destruct charges (of whatever form), I prefer to teleport Morgoth away and then destruct the area, mostly because if there's a sufficient threat that I think it's worth teleporting Morgoth away, then usually further teleport-aways can't reduce the danger from the summons quickly enough (e.g. summoned Ancalagon and his party boys -- I can get Ancalagon with a TO, but his buddies might still all decide to breathe).
            What I've been doing with tough uniques is killing them before I fight Morgoth. That way Morgoth will summon the Queen Ant : )

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎