X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ekolis
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Autoinscribe is not evident enough

It's under "squelch settings"... surely it deserves its own options screen, having little to do with squelching?
    Then again, it is also available through player knowledge, right? Hmm...
    You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
    You are surrounded by a stasis field!
    The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

Is there a mechanism for setting up autoinscriptions when you inscribe a specific object? I normally set up my squelching when I destroy objects in-game, not from the squelch menu. If there isn't a similar mechanism for inscriptions then there should be.

Comment

• ekolis
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Yeah, that would be handy... at least as an option *gets dirty look from tak* so players who don't like being prompted every time they inscribe something don't get annoyed! Which variant had that? I think it was Un, or maybe O or NPP...
      You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
      You are surrounded by a stasis field!
      The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

@Derakon--
        There's no such interface. I use the knowledge menu for autoinscribe. It's not such a big deal, because I usually want to reuse the same inscriptions every game.

Comment

• fizzix
          Prophet
          • Aug 2009

one thing that I would like is for autoinscriptions to take effect before the object is in your inventory.

For example, I want to be able to inscribe ?banish with =g so that when I walk across a bunch of loot I can pick up all the ?banish automatically. Same with many other things.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎