X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisJones74
    Rookie
    • Sep 2007

Light up my life - or more correctly corridors

Hi - I'm a long time player (sadly lapsed about a year ago) and have just upgraded to 3.0.9 and I'm pleased that development has started moving again. Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find any reference on these forums.

Trouble is I have a problem with lighting corridors, being the impatient type I run everywhere, however running down a corridor used to light it (I used to have 'reduce light radius while running' off) and now it doesn't, and I can't seem to find an option to turn it back on (or more accurately off!), am I just being a crack addled idiot or has this been removed?

It leaves me in a dungeon of seemingly unconnected rooms!

thanks.

LOVE & HUGS
    CHRIS
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ChrisJones74
    Trouble is I have a problem with lighting corridors, being the impatient type I run everywhere, however running down a corridor used to light it (I used to have 'reduce light radius while running' off) and now it doesn't, and I can't seem to find an option to turn it back on (or more accurately off!), am I just being a crack addled idiot or has this been removed?

It leaves me in a dungeon of seemingly unconnected rooms!
    That option has been removed, but I don't think it's the one that matters. What you want is "Map remembers torch-lit grids" (or whatever it is exactly) set to yes. I think.

And, er, love and hugs.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• ChrisJones74
      Rookie
      • Sep 2007

Ah, right been playing around a bit more and yes that option does seem to help, however what was actually happening was when turning on 'Use special colours for wall grids' the colour it was using for 'unlit' was in fact so dark as to be invisable, A quick 2 mins with the colour changer has solved the problem.

Oh yes, that was on the windows version.

Thanks for you responce.

LOVE & HUGS
      CHRIS

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞