X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rizwan
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by PowerDiver
    If a char has 30 chp out of 40 max hp, that means perhaps he has sustained one 10 point wound and is capable of sustaining four. When he puts on con rings adding another 40 to max hp, he is now a char capable of sustaining eight 10 hp wounds who has received one 10 hp wound, thus should have 70 chp out of 80 max hp. His wound shouldn't suddenly get bigger requiring more healing to cure, as it would if you set chp to 60.
    I don't know if this has been discussed earlier or not but the same thing should apply to gains due to levelling up. It is really weird to be suddenly wounded when you gain a level.

Comment

• fizzix
      Prophet
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rizwan
      I don't know if this has been discussed earlier or not but the same thing should apply to gains due to levelling up. It is really weird to be suddenly wounded when you gain a level.
      I kind of like the low hitpoint warning when you kill Grip at clevel 1 and jump to clevel 4 and all the sudden have 10% of your max hp.

But only for humor sake.

Comment

• Sirridan
        Knight
        • May 2009

So on the topic of adders, let's say Nargg the half orc warrior has 100 hp. He is given some bad wounds by a monster leaving him at 50 hp, but said monster drops a ring of con which would add 50 max hp.

On one hand, it seems with adding, the ring would bring Nargg to 100/150 hp, 66.6% of his max hp up from 50. In this case, the magic of the ring acts curatively in a small way. Removing the ring would drop Nargg back to 50% hp.

Otoh, donning the ring leaves Nargg at 75/150 hp, or still at 50%, the wound he received is still terrible, but further injuries would be less effective still as he does have a higher max hp. (Another 50% of damage does 33.3% hp damage vs 50%)

I can see both sides of this but I lean towards PowerDiver. In the end, Nargg still gets the 50 more max hp, I guess it boils down to: should his effective wound stay the same with a con boost, or decrease with the con boost?

Edit: if it goes the additive route, and poor Nargg takes another 51 points of damage then removes his ring, he will be at -1 hp. His death screen could then say "Killed by stupidity."

Comment

• buzzkill
          Prophet
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Sirridan
          His death screen could then say "Killed by stupidity."
          This could be a death screen option.

Change actual cause of death to "Killed by my own stupidity" (y/n)?

In this way, really embarrassing deaths could still be posted to the ladder without fear of excessive ridicule .
          www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
          My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Elsairon
            Adept
            • Apr 2007

Killed by removing a Ring( +1 CON).

I think this(additive etc.) is worth adding, if just for the humorous new death messages.

Comment

• Tatami
              Apprentice
              • Oct 2009

Similar thing happended to me. I read an unidentified scroll of summoning, ii immediatly saw the message "you feel niave" I was like "holy sh*t this game is turning into a wisearse." But yes, the scroll had summoned an invisible undead that touches to lower wisdom and I had missed the message.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎