X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Color prefs

I created a "cheat monster knowledge" character, and created a pref file for monsters, using most of the old colors for monsters, with some modifications taking advantage of the 11 new colors.
    Also attached is a feature pref file, although it only has two changes: gold (not yellow) for permanent rock, and cyan for summoning traps. (The former is easy on the eyes; the latter helps with visibility.)
    Attached Files
  • andrewdoull
    Unangband maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
    I created a "cheat monster knowledge" character, and created a pref file for monsters, using most of the old colors for monsters, with some modifications taking advantage of the 11 new colors.
    Also attached is a feature pref file, although it only has two changes: gold (not yellow) for permanent rock, and cyan for summoning traps. (The former is easy on the eyes; the latter helps with visibility.)
    Just from an aesthetic point of view, I prefer the 'z' colour for permanent rock in the expanded terrain set.

Other than that, it is possible to spend ridiculous amounts of time tweaking monster colours around...

Andrew
    The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
    In UnAngband, the level dives you.
    ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
    Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by andrewdoull
      Other than that, it is possible to spend ridiculous amounts of time tweaking monster colours around...
      Right--that's why I made a pref file after wasting 20 minutes. Any improvements are welcome.

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
        Right--that's why I made a pref file after wasting 20 minutes. Any improvements are welcome.
        Why make a pref file instead of editing a local copy of monster.txt?
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Magnate
          Why make a pref file instead of editing a local copy of monster.txt?
          I only have to do it once, and it's a lot easier using the knowledge menus to do the editing.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎