X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by bron
    No, it doesn't work like that. Normal food consumption rate is 20, regeneration (intrinsic in a half-troll) adds 30 to the rate, slow digestion subtracts 10 from the rate. So a half-troll with slow-digestion burns food twice as fast as a regular character.
    Ok, so that was 50-60k player turns in 8 scrolls, rather than 100-120k. ISTR the OP said he got two of the scrolls burnt, so we're looking at something like 40k player turns instead, assuming he didn't go beyond hungry. Starvation begins to look more plausible.
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJS
      Yeah I should have escaped when I saw the salamander, I just wasn't aware of the fact they could destroy both my pb2 books in one attack.

Are you essentially saying it is almost impossible to win with an ironman warrior due to lack of food source once your initial rations are used up?

Also would you suggest buying two copies of pb2 instead of one each of pb2 and pb3 at the start?
      Definitely as a Paladin, especially as a HT paladin. PB2 and PB1 will take you a long, long way. PB3 is a luxury for Paladins. (PB6 replaces PB1; at depth you want PBs 2, 4, 5, and 6. And nothing else.)

Comment

• PowerDiver
        Prophet
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Pete Mack
        Definitely as a Paladin, especially as a HT paladin. PB2 and PB1 will take you a long, long way. PB3 is a luxury for Paladins. (PB6 replaces PB1; at depth you want PBs 2, 4, 5, and 6. And nothing else.)
        I agree with all of this. Somehow I missed the paladin/priest distinction.

Comment

• ThePathfinder
          Rookie
          • Nov 2014

Solution

Backup /My Documents/FA(or what the game is)/(character).faa
          This page is NOT created using Micro$oft FartPage.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎