X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sky
    Veteran
    • Oct 2016

how do i "summon monster" ?

When using the "n" wizard command, how do i summon a monster? let's say i want to summon Medusa.
    Do i need to be in the dungeon or does the command work in town?
    do i type out the verbose name, or do i use the monster ascii ? can i specify a Unique or does it randomly summon mobs of that type?
    "i can take this dracolich"
  • backwardsEric
    Knight
    • Aug 2019

You can either enter the name of the monster you want to summon or its numerical index. Searches by name ignore the case of what you enter: orc is the same as Orc. If the name you enter exactly matches (ignoring case) the name in monster.txt, you'll get that monster. If there isn't an exact match, but the name you enter is a portion of at least one name in monster.txt, you'll get the first monster (by their ordering in monster.txt) that has what you entered in its name. For summoning by numerical index, the index is by the monster's order in monster.txt so, in Angband 4.2.5, summoning monster 1 gets you a filthy street urchin and summoning monster 30 gets you a soldier ant.

If the monster you want to summon does not have FORCE_DEPTH in its flags in monster.txt, you can summon it anywhere. If it has FORCE_DEPTH, you'll need to be at least as deep as what's specified in the depth directive for the monster. You will not be able to summon a unique that has already been killed by your character. You will need an empty square next to your character for monster summoning to work. If the monster comes with friends, summoning it can bring along the friends as well.
    Last edited by backwardsEric; January 31, 2024, 13:19. Reason: remove extraneous 'the'

Comment

• Sky
      Veteran
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by backwardsEric
      You can either enter the name of the monster you want to summon or its numerical index. Searches by name ignore the case of what you enter: orc is the same as Orc. If the name you enter exactly matches (ignoring case) the name in monster.txt, you'll get that monster. If there isn't an exact match, but the name you enter is a portion of at least one name in monster.txt, you'll get the first monster (by their ordering in monster.txt) that has what you entered in its name. For summoning by numerical index, the index is by the monster's order in monster.txt so, in Angband 4.2.5, summoning monster 1 gets you a filthy street urchin and summoning monster 30 gets you a soldier ant.

If the monster you want to summon does not have FORCE_DEPTH in its flags in monster.txt, you can summon it anywhere. If it has FORCE_DEPTH, you'll need to be at least as deep as what's specified in the depth directive for the monster. You will not be able to summon a unique that has already been killed by your character. You will need an empty square next to your character for monster summoning to work. If the monster comes with friends, summoning it can bring along the friends as well.
      thank you boss
      "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡